TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu
Hello Forum Chums...

I would like to introduce you to a new product available from now..

It's the Atari 2600 PureVideo module Designed and Produed by BetaGamma Computing, South Wales...

See attached piccys depicting module fitted into a Std unmodified Atari 2600 Junior...It provides Broadcast standard Composite Video and Audio via a mini 3.5mm jack...

The Module also fits ALL Varients of the 2600 Series Consoles..

Video output Pics to follow..

If anyone would like one pls contact member BluesBrothers who will be retailing the module....

Cheers all
TC :cool:

Attachments

• DSC00219.jpg
    DSC00219.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC00221.jpg
    DSC00221.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC00223.jpg
    DSC00223.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC00226.jpg
    DSC00226.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 11
Nice one TC:cool:

You did however forget to mention that these should be available at RetroCollect in Leeds this coming weekend;).

You're bringing your soldering iron aren't you Sir. Maybe some on site installation action could be available:D(y)

Looks great Bas! Do you know if it's going to work in NTSC land?

Heather

Looks great Bas! Do you know if it's going to work in NTSC land?

Heather

Well my dearest, once I get your addy I shall be sending you one for free to test in NTSC land for me :LOL:

Yes there will be free on site installation at Leeds this saturday...;)

TC :)

Time to get that Sears 2600 sorted (y)

Look amazing TC!

Last edited:
I told you the Sears Tele-games 2600 looked nice didn't I?:cool:

Am gonna have to get one myself to complete the set.

Well my dearest, once I get your addy I shall be sending you one for free to test in NTSC land for me :LOL:

Wow! I'm very excited to try this out. I'll be more than happy to pay for it if it works properly in my 2600. I will of course give a full review for everyone. I love the 2600, but RF output is just plain bad. :)

Thanks Bas!!!! :woot:

Heather

from the photo...is this just a simple solder to the backside of another chip? (as it appears to be)

if its not too expensive i might need 4 or 5 (assuming NTSC compatibiliy)

although i would assume a no on my Coleco Gemini and a maybe on my Sears Video Arcade II (and i want one (or something like it) for my 7800...now THAT would make use of the upgrade :p )

Last edited:
Unfortunately not compatible with the 7800 (I will let TC tell you more about this). We will be posting a Amibay exclusive price when we have all the final figures in for the build (which should be any day now).

Last edited:
Unfortunately not compatible with the 7800 (I will let TC tell you more about this). We will be posting a Amibay exclusive price when we have all the final figures in for the build (which should be any day now).

well, i assumed that would be the case...

i will assume it's all MARIAs fault....

The Design is such that the pins of the TIA chip on the solder side of the board simply solder to the pads on the module.

It is obviously designed to be compatible only with the TIA in the 2600 so any clone with the same chip should be OK.

I also believe the NTSC TIA has the same pinout but will check before I send a sample to Heather.

7800 Version maybe manufactured depending on demand.

Last edited:
The Design is such that the pins of the TIA chip on the solder side of the board simply solder to the pads on the module.

It is obviously designed to be compatible only with the TIA in the 2600 so any clone with the same chip should be OK.

I also believe the NTSC TIA has the same pinout but will check before I send a sample to Heather.

7800 Version maybe manufactured depending on demand.

I think the pins of the NTSC Tia are a couple I pins out. The NTSC Tia has 2 audio outputs and I think Tia 8 is moved over to the next pin. Shouldn't be too hard to route a couple of wires to get around this on NTSC consoles.
What is this board based on? I have made many av boards in the past and find on crts they look great but on newer lcds there can be some bleed. Any pics of one running?

Back
Top Bottom