Closed replacement mains switches for cm8833 mk2 and 1084s-p1 monitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

roy_bates

resistance is futile!
VIP
Rating - 100%
104   0   0
Country
england
Region
birmingham
this sale is for replacement mains switches for philips CM8833 II and COMMODORE 1084S-P1 monitors.
and also fits the COMMODORE 1901 monitor(the colour one) as its the same switch.

i would like £3 plus postage per unit

4 units are reserved for Tomse pending payment(paid)(posted)
2 units are reserved for rgrocha pending payment(paid)(posted)
1 unit reserved for Cryton pending payment(paid)(posted)
i will go the post office to find out the postage for the people above.

1 unit will be available when it arrives to me.(0 units available they are all spoken for at this time)
more can be got,but i have to order 6 at a time to meet minimum order requirements.
a guide for modifying the switch(as it wont fit without) and install in these monitors available here:
https://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=58888

thanks all.

this is the picture of the replacement for the original PREH ME5A in this sale.and these are new.
79996ffbb74496c47f1950ef9b4a324f_3392.jpg

any questions feel free to ask i will do my best to answer.

Last edited:
pm's sent out to the people the switches are reserved for with totals including postage.:)

Good evening sir I'd be interested in a one of these or maybe two if you have them ...... just in case :roll:

Good evening sir I'd be interested in a one of these or maybe two if you have them ...... just in case :roll:

i will have one spare when it arrives,if you are still interested i will hold it for you.

no probs.

to anyone else interested,this is the last one for this batch.

from this one on i have to order them six units minimum at a time.which was exactly what i did to get the first lot.

so that means,you can post interest for as little as you want but i can only order them when there is interest for six or more total within the thread.because when i order them that is the minimum order for me before they ship.

i dont make any money from these whatsoever,im just passing them on at cost price as i have already paid for the units and paid the vat and shipping to me.to make them easier for everyone else to get.

as i explained in another thread,to get them cheaper than £3 per unit i would need to order 20 or so which would make them £2,but there might not be that many people interested for that.

so, carry on declaring interest if you want,but bare in mind.this is the only way i can do this.
i wont order parts i have to hold for months and have no use for,so,please understand that.

just to put this more in perspective, i actually found the exact replacement for these monitors that matches the original in every way including the part number mentioned in the service manual,its over £14.00 per switch, delivered.
i dont want to pay that..

Last edited:
package received.. everything looking good. left feedback :)

cheers

I would like to have two of them, whenever they are available again!

Luca

fyi.. I replaced 2 already.
In a 1084S and a 1084 (front button)

For the 1084, I needed to use the dremmel to sand down a little on the front of the switch. This was to make the bracket fit (more or less).

So this is a good alternative to those monitors too!

fyi.. I replaced 2 already.
In a 1084S and a 1084 (front button)

For the 1084, I needed to use the dremmel to sand down a little on the front of the switch. This was to make the bracket fit (more or less).

So this is a good alternative to those monitors too!

i dont suppose you took a picture of where you had to sand?

you're demanding :LOL:
ofc I did.. pics pending (wait a few min.. need to find my card reader + crop the images)

you're demanding :LOL:
ofc I did.. pics pending (wait a few min.. need to find my card reader + crop the images)

could you please post them in the other thread its just so there is no clutter here.

it helps me keep track of the sales.

I've got 2 dead P1s that I will be getting fixed at some point, it would be nice to fix the power switches too. Although I wonder how long they will last :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom