Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NTSC A1200 tower system USA and Canada ONLY!

insane in the main frame Inactive Member
    Amibayer!
    Country
    Canada
    Region:
    Edmonton, Alberta,
    Feedback
    67 (100%)

Default NTSC A1200 tower system USA and Canada ONLY!

A1200 Tower system.

Not much details other than it has a an '040 Apollo Accelerator @25 Mhz, 32 megs of Ram Mediator PCI board and an S3 Verge graphics card. I will be booting it up tonight later and posting more photos and specs. The Accelerator card is poking up through a hole cut in the top of the tower.
    $600 USD includes shipping to USA and Canada ONLY! sorry no international shipping on this- just too expensive and the plastic towers are just to fragile!
    This is also being advertised outside of Amibay.

Terms and Conditions Please read:
    All prices INCLUDE shipping to the USA and Canada ONLY!

All shipping is sent out Saturday (due to changes at the local Canada Post outlet).
    If you don't get a tracking number please e-mail me for one at the hotmail address, so I can look after it right away! Remember overseas shipping can take weeks, and or months! If you need it right away then you need to pay extra for 3 day shipping.
    If there is a customs return, I will ship it out again at my expence, no extra charge. This has happened just twice to me now.
    If your item is odd shaped, it may take extra time to find the right box, (common with monitors and zorrow cards) please be patient!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails a12001.jpg  
    Last edited by quarkx; 26th March 2014 at 20:49. Reason: details on other systems without a price not allowed
    My new blog at http://amigalounge.com is Amiga browsing friendly, stop on by for cool tech news with a geeky slant.Youtube video channel is Glenvdb1. My prices go UP once something is tested and verified working, your opportunity to save money on Untested "As is" merchandise. my things are now only posted for a week at a time,I am a Smoker

Country
    Canada
    Region:
    Ontario
    Feedback
    28 (100%)

Interested pending a few questions. Pm sent
    c64-dual sids, A1000, A500,-A590, A1200-060@50
    Indivision AGA & Catweasel MK4+= Amazing
    ! My Master Miggies-Amiga1000 & AmigaONE X1000 !
    www.mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca

Amibayer!
    Country
    Canada
    Region:
    Edmonton, Alberta,
    Feedback
    67 (100%)

UPDATE!
    I took the side panel off and yess it does just have the Mediator 1200 PCI board, I also carefully slid off the accelerator card and it is an '040! A look on the BBOAH and it matches the Apollo 1240 @28 Mhz
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 060.jpg   061.jpg   063.jpg   064.jpg   065.jpg  

067.jpg   070.jpg  
    My new blog at http://amigalounge.com is Amiga browsing friendly, stop on by for cool tech news with a geeky slant.Youtube video channel is Glenvdb1. My prices go UP once something is tested and verified working, your opportunity to save money on Untested "As is" merchandise. my things are now only posted for a week at a time,I am a Smoker

Amibayer!
    Country
    Canada
    Region:
    Edmonton, Alberta,
    Feedback
    67 (100%)

More photos of it in use,
    forgive me though, I could not get the S3 Verge card to show anything, the only LCD monitor I have here shows "out of range" I have never had an Amiga (for myself) with a RTG card working, so I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or it only shows up in games and such- yep, that make me look like a moron..
    If I was going to keep this, I would order the Mediator CD to get the proper S3 verge drivers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails main.jpg   004.jpg   005.jpg   006.jpg   007.jpg  

008.jpg   009.jpg  

resistance is futile! Amibayer! roy_bates's Avatar
    Country
    england
    Region:
    birmingham
    Feedback
    104 (100%)

if i was you, i would pop that battery off that 1240.trust me they leak and it will kill the card as youve had it on now and it will be unpredictable.
    also its upgradable to 1260.

did you try the rtg virge card through the card itself on the vga port?
    you could have a look and see if the system has p96 installed,and see if the screenmodes show in prefs.

i dont really want to bog down this sales thread or anything.
    Last edited by roy_bates; 26th March 2014 at 14:47.
    i have got too much hardware,it would only hurt your eyes to look at it here

Online Gangster Amibayer! fitzsteve's Avatar
    Country
    UK
    Region:
    Sevenoaks, Kent
    Feedback
    1030 (100%)
    Blog Entries

It's not very clear on the photo but I should point out to any prospective purchaser that the battery on the Apollo 1240 seems to be leaking, it should be removed ASAP and somebody with the correct tools and skills we probably need to rework the chip nearest to the battery and clean up/repair any potential damage.
    My YouTube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/fitzsteve

CD32 + TF330, A500+ Vampire V2, A1200D + BPPC/BVision/SCSI2SD, A1200T Black Box + Mediator B1260 + Killer K1 PPC

Amibayer!
    Country
    Canada
    Region:
    Edmonton, Alberta,
    Feedback
    67 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by roy_bates View Post
    if i was you, i would pop that battery off that 1240.trust me they leak and it will kill the card as youve had it on now and it will be unpredictable.
    also its upgradable to 1260.

did you try the rtg virge card through the card itself on the vga port?
    you could have a look and see if the system has p96 installed,and see if the screenmodes show in prefs.

i dont really want to bog down this sales thread or anything.
    Yes, I did hook it up that way and the P96 drivers are installed, but no settings for an S3 Verge card, so I believe (and I can be wrong) that the Mediator cd is needed for the proper driver)

Country
    Canada
    Region:
    Ontario
    Feedback
    28 (100%)

@ quarkx

good stuff! I'm more concerned that the system works and the mediator board is ok.

Amibayer!
    Country
    Canada
    Region:
    Edmonton, Alberta,
    Feedback
    67 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by fitzsteve View Post
    It's not very clear on the photo but I should point out to any prospective purchaser that the battery on the Apollo 1240 seems to be leaking, it should be removed ASAP and somebody with the correct tools and skills we probably need to rework the chip nearest to the battery and clean up/repair any potential damage.
    Battery is 100% NOT Leaking! just a bit of dirt on the white cap on top. I can remove and replace the battery today at no extra cost if requested (I have a few battery hack kits from AmigaKit here)

Country
    Canada
    Region:
    Ontario
    Feedback
    28 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by quarkx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fitzsteve View Post
    Battery is 100% NOT Leaking! just a bit of dirt on the white cap on top. I can remove and replace the battery today at no extra cost if requested (I have a few battery hack kits from AmigaKit here)
    yes please do then

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast