Sold NTSC A1200 tower system USA and Canada ONLY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

quarkx

insane in the main frame
AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
67   0   1
Country
Canada
Region
Edmonton, Alberta,
:LOL:A1200 Tower system.

Not much details other than it has a an '040 Apollo Accelerator @25 Mhz, 32 megs of Ram Mediator PCI board and an S3 Verge graphics card. I will be booting it up tonight later and posting more photos and specs. The Accelerator card is poking up through a hole cut in the top of the tower.
$600 USD includes shipping to USA and Canada ONLY! sorry no international shipping on this- just too expensive and the plastic towers are just to fragile!
This is also being advertised outside of Amibay.

Terms and Conditions Please read:
All prices INCLUDE shipping to the USA and Canada ONLY!

All shipping is sent out Saturday (due to changes at the local Canada Post outlet).
If you don't get a tracking number please e-mail me for one at the hotmail address, so I can look after it right away! Remember overseas shipping can take weeks, and or months! If you need it right away then you need to pay extra for 3 day shipping.
If there is a customs return, I will ship it out again at my expence, no extra charge. This has happened just twice to me now.
If your item is odd shaped, it may take extra time to find the right box, (common with monitors and zorrow cards) please be patient!

Attachments

• a12001.jpg
    a12001.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
UPDATE!
I took the side panel off and yess it does just have the Mediator 1200 PCI board, I also carefully slid off the accelerator card and it is an '040! A look on the BBOAH and it matches the Apollo 1240 @28 Mhz

Attachments

• 070.jpg
    070.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 067.jpg
    067.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 065.jpg
    065.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 064.jpg
    064.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 063.jpg
    063.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 061.jpg
    061.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 060.jpg
    060.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 0
More photos of it in use,
forgive me though, I could not get the S3 Verge card to show anything, the only LCD monitor I have here shows "out of range" I have never had an Amiga (for myself) with a RTG card working, so I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or it only shows up in games and such- yep, that make me look like a moron..
If I was going to keep this, I would order the Mediator CD to get the proper S3 verge drivers.

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 0
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 1
  • main.jpg
    main.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 0
if i was you, i would pop that battery off that 1240.trust me they leak and it will kill the card as youve had it on now and it will be unpredictable.
also its upgradable to 1260.

did you try the rtg virge card through the card itself on the vga port?
you could have a look and see if the system has p96 installed,and see if the screenmodes show in prefs.

i dont really want to bog down this sales thread or anything.

Last edited:
It's not very clear on the photo but I should point out to any prospective purchaser that the battery on the Apollo 1240 seems to be leaking, it should be removed ASAP and somebody with the correct tools and skills we probably need to rework the chip nearest to the battery and clean up/repair any potential damage.

if i was you, i would pop that battery off that 1240.trust me they leak and it will kill the card as youve had it on now and it will be unpredictable.
also its upgradable to 1260.

did you try the rtg virge card through the card itself on the vga port?
you could have a look and see if the system has p96 installed,and see if the screenmodes show in prefs.

i dont really want to bog down this sales thread or anything.

Yes, I did hook it up that way and the P96 drivers are installed, but no settings for an S3 Verge card, so I believe (and I can be wrong) that the Mediator cd is needed for the proper driver)

@ quarkx

good stuff! I'm more concerned that the system works and the mediator board is ok.

It's not very clear on the photo but I should point out to any prospective purchaser that the battery on the Apollo 1240 seems to be leaking, it should be removed ASAP and somebody with the correct tools and skills we probably need to rework the chip nearest to the battery and clean up/repair any potential damage.

Battery is 100% NOT Leaking! just a bit of dirt on the white cap on top. I can remove and replace the battery today at no extra cost if requested (I have a few battery hack kits from AmigaKit here)

Battery is 100% NOT Leaking! just a bit of dirt on the white cap on top. I can remove and replace the battery today at no extra cost if requested (I have a few battery hack kits from AmigaKit here)

yes please do then(y)

Can you take a close up photo of the battery area (particularly the chip next to it) I can see green on the solder points, that could just be that the photo is poor quality but better for the buyer to see it clearly before purchasing.

If you pop the cap plastic cap off the battery you will also be able to see clearer if it's leaking.

Last edited:
@ quarkx

good stuff! I'm more concerned that the system works and the mediator board is ok.

The system sees the Mediator board (seen it photos) the ID is 32, and 160

Can you take a close up photo of the battery area (particularly the chip next to it) I can see green on the solder points, that could just be that the photo is poor quality but better for the buyer to see it clearly before purchasing.

If you pop the cap plastic cap off the battery you will also be able to see clearer if it's leaking.

it wont matter steve,its a high chance that it will leak more.if it hasn't already.
i reckon he will remove it, i spotted a soldering iron in one picture.

in the position its in towers it will just leak down the board and destroy it.

removed battery no leaking at all on battery but 1 leg is greenish on chip
when to put a battery hack in but way too big and would cut off jumpers. I am leaving installing to new owner

Attachments

• batt2.jpg
    batt2.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 0
good man,you have just made me very happy:)

just leave the battery off mate ,dont bother installing a new one.

just give the area a little clean with some ipa,itll be fine.

Last edited:
when to put a battery hack in but way too big and would cut off jumpers. I am leaving installing to new owner

I'm fine with that:) PM sent

That's excellent, peace of mind for the buyer (y)

GLWS :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom