Perpetually Perplexed
AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
Country
England
Region
Greater Manchester
As per preliminary taster thread; here I can now proudly announce that we have our first batch of Atari 2600VCS PureVideo VEC's available, for purchase in full self install kit form, which offers the best composite video output possible on the 2600VCS.

As we all know,... whilst the 2600 is lots of fun the RF aerial output is dreadful and the AV solutions previously available were shaky at best and required a good degree of butchery to install. The PureVideo module sits very neatly soldered dierctly beneath the TIA chip and draws Pure composite AV direct from source without requiring any alterations to the pcb. Rather cleverly the design also uses a stereo jack socket as the output which looks very much in keeping with the Atari's original design. this could not be achieved with bulky RCA connectors.

This PureVideo VEC solution was commisioned by myself and designed by Amibay's very own TC as a geniune easy install kit which gives consistantly good results every time. The module will work with all PAL models of the 2600VCS from 6 switch Woody to the junior models and we will supply a comprehensive installation manual (via email attachment or click on the attached PDF file at the bottom of this post) along with all the parts required to hook up to your TV.

Each kit includes;

1 x PureVideo VEC board
1 x VEC to output socket fly cable
1 x Stereo AV output socket
1 x Stereo AV aerial cable

Installation will require rudimentary soldering skills, so if you have never picked up an iron before, or you have and were not very good at it then contact either myself of TC for details of our fitting service.

We are currently also working on testing with NTSC 2600's and would ask you to contact either TC or myself should you require this module for an NTSC machie

Amibay exclusive price - £26 plus postage

More photos including screenshot will be added shortly

Attachments

• VCS AV Mod for Amibay 001.jpg
    VCS AV Mod for Amibay 001.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 10
  • VCS AV Mod for Amibay 002.jpg
    VCS AV Mod for Amibay 002.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 2600 screenshots 002.jpg
    2600 screenshots 002.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 2600 screenshots 004.jpg
    2600 screenshots 004.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 2600 screenshots 008.jpg
    2600 screenshots 008.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 2600 screenshots 009.jpg
    2600 screenshots 009.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 2600 screenshots 011.jpg
    2600 screenshots 011.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 2600 screenshots 013.jpg
    2600 screenshots 013.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Atari Video Encoder Module 2600VECr4(3).pdf
    1 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Any chance for a secam version?

Regards

Alex

We need to look into this but I imagine there is a strong possibility that this can be adapted to work with SECAM. I'll get TC on the case but it would also be nice if we could lay our hands on a SECAM model for testing and these don't come up in the UK all that often.

BB

Interested

Interested

Very interested, declaring interest, sending PM now

Last edited:
On a scale of 1-10 how difficult would you say this is to install?

From the PDF Steve, it appears to be a quick solder board so shouldn't be too difficult.
Should just be a case of position it and adding a little more solder to connect the two points.

I'm sure TC or BB will confirm though

Very interested, declaring interest ad sending PM now

@Hey Mike, do you fancy sharing postage? If I get one too we could meet up one Sat/Sun and do the install together if you like.

I'll declare interest too :)

@Scrappy, thanks for the info. I've looked closer at the manual, I think this should be within my comfort zone :cool:

On a scale of 1-10 how difficult would you say this is to install?

It's a pretty easy install as long as you are ok with an iron. I'm sure you'll be alright with it Steve(y)

---------- Post added at 13:22 ---------- Previous post was at 13:21 ----------

From the PDF Steve, it appears to be a quick solder board so shouldn't be too difficult.
Should just be a case of position it and adding a little more solder to connect the two points.

I'm sure TC or BB will confirm though

Absolutely.

---------- Post added at 13:23 ---------- Previous post was at 13:22 ----------

Very interested, declaring interest, sending PM now

pm replied

---------- Post added at 13:26 ---------- Previous post was at 13:23 ----------

@Hey Mike, do you fancy sharing postage? If I get one too we could meet up one Sat/Sun and do the install together if you like.

@Scrappy, thanks for the info. I've looked closer at the manual, I think this should be within my comfort zone :cool:

Probably won't make much difference to P&P price as 1 will be large letter but 2 is most likely a packet and with Royal Mails wonderful pricing system,... well:roll:

It's nice and small though so postage is not to bad

---------- Post added at 13:27 ---------- Previous post was at 13:26 ----------

Interested. PM sent.

pm replied

Thanks BB, I need to check my funds before making a final commitment, I'm guessing you have a few units in stock :)

It will sure go nice in my 2600 woody though!

Thanks BB, I need to check my funds before making a final commitment, I'm guessing you have a few units in stock :)

It will sure go nice in my 2600 woody though!

We have a few yes though I we have already got orders for quite a few. One chap I know has asked us to install 10 units for him (all part of his private collection:blink:).
We will be getting more of these once the first batch run out though(y)

Sounds good to me Steve, but I literally just paid BB before I saw this post! sorry mate. Would still be good to meet up though and do the install together though :)

Last edited:
Sounds good to me Steve, but I literally just paid BB before I saw this post! sorry mate. Would still be good to meet up though and do the install together.

No worries, I'll get mine ordered separately. I can't imagine postage is expensive!

Hows your soldering?

Sounds good to me Steve, but I literally just paid BB before I saw this post! sorry mate. Would still be good to meet up though and do the install together.

No worries, I'll get mine ordered separately. I can't imagine postage is expensive!

Hows your soldering?

No it's not, only about £1.10 ish

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom