-Acid-

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
222   0   0
Country
England
Region
South Shields
Looking for £10 plus postage (if UK mainland i'll do it for £15 delivered). This is the machine only, the only testing i've done is powering it up (standard figure of 8 power cable) and and connecting it to a tv with a scart lead. The flap is missing and the cd tray mechanism has stopped working (it did open the first time I tried it).

Attachments

• Imgp1380.jpg
    Imgp1380.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Imgp1381.jpg
    Imgp1381.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 0
Interested pending further information.

I guess I should start with the 100 pound elephant in the room, (I may be mixing metaphors) shipping. Shipping cost overseas for something large could be astronomical, especially since recently I'm paranoid about things getting lost in the mail and would want registered. (Well, I guess in this case it would be anyway.) If it costs too much I probably won't want it.

There's also the way of hooking it up. The post mentioned SCART, well here in Amurica, (well, Canada) SCART is nowhere to be found. I can however display PAL signals through composite or the almost nonexistent s-video, so if it has those it's good. There's also power. If it can't accept 110v or doesn't use an external adapter, I don't think I'd want to buy it, because then I'd probably have to use some big, expensive voltage transformer, I don't want to do that.

And finally the ambiguous working state. Look, I'm ok if it isn't in tiptop shape, I just don't want to use it once and then it falls into a million pieces. Basically, this boils down to confirmation if it's really "usable," I guess. Oh, and also if it has a controller.

Interested pending further information.

I guess I should start with the 100 pound elephant in the room, (I may be mixing metaphors) shipping. Shipping cost overseas for something large could be astronomical, especially since recently I'm paranoid about things getting lost in the mail and would want registered. (Well, I guess in this case it would be anyway.) If it costs too much I probably won't want it.

There's also the way of hooking it up. The post mentioned SCART, well here in Amurica, (well, Canada) SCART is nowhere to be found. I can however display PAL signals through composite or the almost nonexistent s-video, so if it has those it's good. There's also power. If it can't accept 110v or doesn't use an external adapter, I don't think I'd want to buy it, because then I'd probably have to use some big, expensive voltage transformer, I don't want to do that.

And finally the ambiguous working state. Look, I'm ok if it isn't in tiptop shape, I just don't want to use it once and then it falls into a million pieces. Basically, this boils down to confirmation if it's really "usable," I guess. Oh, and also if it has a controller.
I would just move on to another unit if I were you mate. To start with it weighs an absolute ton and I would expect shipping to be at least £25-30 probably more. It does have composite output however the psu is built into the machine and I do not have any controllers for it either. I think this is best suited to someone who wants a cheap one for parts or as a project to get going again.

Interested, what's the total with postage to Nottingham?
I'll find out for sure tonight but probably £11-12 total.

Postage is £7.50 (looks like courier prices have gone up a little in the last few days?)

Last edited:
Arrived today, wasnt expecting it to be so big, Its bigger than the VCR :LOL:

Feedback will be left in a second.

Arrived today, wasnt expecting it to be so big, Its bigger than the VCR :LOL:

Feedback will be left in a second.
Yes it's right beast, weighs a ton as well! I hope you get it going properly, I think it's just been neglected over the years and needs some tlc from the right person.

Feedback left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom