C64 Junkie
AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
Chatham Kent
Good Evening My Fellow Amibayers

I must admit the Amstrad CPC range has never really grabbed me until now :shhh:

You may have seen a few weeks back I took a punt on Blues Brothers Spares or Repair CPC 6128 and I am so glad I did :D

I got it sent to our resident demi god of hacks Baz (The Corfiot) and he sacrificed a couple and chickens and a goat (only kidding :LOL:) and created this wonder.

The 6128 has a 3.5 inch floppy in the 3 inch drive bay with a Parados upgrade to boot :D

With CPCXPDisk copying disk images is a breeze and with some spare floppies lying around I transfered some games and demos.

I agree the Batman demo is amazing and the recent conversion of r-type is cool too :cool:

And on my journey I found out Formula one (CRL), Rebelstar and 3D Deathchase have also been converted from the speccy - RESULT!! :D

Anyway enough of rambling and have a lookie at the images and thanks a million to Baz for another great hack fest (y)

Attachments

• P1010001.JPG
    P1010001.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 1
  • P1010002.JPG
    P1010002.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 2
  • P1010003.JPG
    P1010003.JPG
    13.6 KB · Views: 0
  • P1010005.JPG
    P1010005.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 0
  • P1010006.jpg
    P1010006.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 0
  • P1010007.JPG
    P1010007.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 0
  • P1010008.JPG
    P1010008.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Lol, great mods. He's actually got my 6128 at the moment for parados and Abba switch :)

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Fabulous. Great to see it restored and equally as glad it's gone to a really passionate enthusiast.

Result all round(y)

Thanks for the feedback guys (y)

Well on my adventures with CPCXPDISK I found out that I can create my own Parados disk images (y)

Instead of one game per disk I now have 5 or 6

Now I need to learn Amstrad Basic to create a boot menu :D

really nice system,even more useful now it has a 3.5 inch drive...lovely.:)

Really nice fit, the floppy!!(y)(y)(y)
Is it to difficult to perform that mod? Need to drill or crack the case insides? or it is just remove the old floppy and attach a new one?
Thanks!
jorge

Really nice fit, the floppy!!(y)(y)(y)
Is it to difficult to perform that mod? Need to drill or crack the case insides? or it is just remove the old floppy and attach a new one?
Thanks!
jorge

It's a Ba$tard of a job my friend...:LOL:

Just trawling through google to find out how to create a boot menu loader for my created game disks (y)

got 7 games on one Parados double sided disk :D

might download a few more demos :cool:

Good Evening My Fellow Amibayers

Just thought I would give you a bit of an update on my Amstrad 6128 adventure :)

I have now created 21 Parados Formatted Game Compilation disks with over 100 games in total :D

As mentioned I wanted menus for all of the discs so I did a bit of research today about locomotive basic 1.1 and managed to create my own disc menu boot loader within 30 mins :cool:

Might be a bit crude but it get the job done and gives it clean front end.

My first bit of Amstrad coding :)

Attachments

• P1010004.JPG
    P1010004.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 1
  • P1010003.JPG
    P1010003.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 0
  • P1010002.JPG
    P1010002.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 0
  • P1010001.JPG
    P1010001.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nicely done. Yeah the CPC's version of Basic is one of the better ones (y)

Might update it soon :)

Getting some tips on CPCwiki (y)

Thanks for the feedback Sir Beaker :)

that all looks awesome, and your menu's look great! :))

Myself i have a drive ready to add to my 6128, and also will ask Bas to do the parados part. I tried an hxc some time ago, but this looks a pretty cost effective alternative :)

if I asked nicely would you please share a little further info on how you transferred executables/ or complete images(?) and your menu basic program? Do i understand it correctly that parados allows the use of 1.44mb disks and multiple images per disk? does your menu program autoboot?

TIA, sorry for questions!

:)

Morning Iain

No Problem about telling you how I got multiple disk images onto one disk. I used a program called CPCDISKXP the link can be found here http://www.cpcmania.com/cpcdiskxp/cpcdiskxp.htm to create the Parados images.

On CPCDISKXP there is an option to create your own disc image and you highlight the files you want to transfer onto your disc image and then save. It only works with "cough" non original images when creating multiple game discs :)

Basic Program was quite straight forward which I have since improved by using inkey$ rather than input when scanning the keyboard for a key press.

Only downside is that on CPCDISKXP a parados 3.5 inch disk can only be formatted to 400k in size but in my mind it is a small price to pay :)

Give me a couple of days and I will list the code for the menu (y)

P1010011.JPGP1010012.JPGP1010013.JPG

Just thought I would update my thread and show off my 6128's latest addition and it is now complete :)

Many thanks to Munchausen for donating the monitors to the community :)

The monitor works great ...... Now I just need to find some space in my man cave ;-)

Thanks Rob, yes it is a good quality image buddy, but do not have the space to set it permanently at present :-( Give me time ;-)

I missed this thread altogether, that's some nice work you've done there. The 6128 is a cracking machine. :)

Thanks Phil :) The Monitor was just the icing on the cake.....Now I have the original monitor that should go with the 6128 :) .... To be fair Baz should take alot of the credit :)

Back
Top Bottom