Not open for further replies.

paul1981

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Country
England
Region
Midlands
Desperately need a working re-capped A600 motherboard (no shields required), would consider a non-tantalum re-capped motherboard instead. Please PM me with offers. Thank you...
Paul

P.S. is to be used via scart connection to tv

Last edited:
Desperately need a working re-capped A600 motherboard (no shields required), would consider a non-tantalum re-capped motherboard instead. Please PM me with offers. Thank you...
Paul

P.S. is to be used via scart connection to tv

PM on the way.

Hello Paul,

May I ask why you are specifying a tantalum re-capped motherboard?

The reason I ask is that there are only specific reasons of tolerance as to why one would use tantalum capacitors. Since these types of capacitors only have a narrow range of operation to use them in a circuit that was not designed for them will reduce their life-span in the best case scenario and sadly could explode in the worse case.

If I could offer any opinion on the matter, the best re-capping would be to use good quality through-hole radial electrolytic's where possible if you are adverse replacing SMT/D based capacitors.

I've seen Tantalum championed in the Macintosh world, at least. They're reputed to be resistant to leakage. (Not my opinion, I am completely dumb to electronic components!)

You make a good point Zetr0, I must confess I seen some radials that are decades old and still going strong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom