Automatic Kickstart Switcher for Amiga 1000 [PERFECT WORKING]

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you fit this?

If I understand well, you want to know how to connect the adapter onto the moterboard?
For example, onto a motherboard with piggyboard, you have to remove ODD & EVEN ICs.
The adapter is inserted into the sockets of the two ICs.
It was the meaning of your question?

- - - Updated - - -

I have begun to write an installation manual in French & English with photos of each step of the installation.
The manual will be available in PDF file.

Last edited:
How do you fit this?

If I understand well, you want to know how to connect the adapter onto the moterboard?
For example, onto a motherboard with piggyboard, you have to remove ODD & EVEN ICs.
The adapter is inserted into the sockets of the two ICs.
It was the meaning of your question?

- - - Updated - - -

I have begun to write an installation manual in French & English with photos of each step of the installation.
The manual will be available in PDF file.

Hi :)

Yes thats what Im asking, how to fit to the motherboard (y)

Interested in two boards with led, PM already sent,

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

It's to speak about money!
I have looked for the production' price of the PCB. Actually, there is actually 15 PCBs asked (for the KS Switcher).
For this number of PCB, the price of the production will be 9€ per board.
To obtain a lower price, we'll need a minimum of 21 PCBs. (5,15€ per board)

The PCB of the LED module is really small, the price should be normally 3€.
I'm going to contact the PCB factory to have confirmation about prices.

So, if you have declared your interest, please, confirm by PM and say me if you want also the LED module or not.
If you have an Amiga 1000 and if you haven't yet declared your interest, it's perhaps the good time to offer a beautifull gift!:D
As I said, more we will be, lower will be the price!

Last edited:
Just to show how is the LED module. The idea is to replace the power LED by the LED module.
The front case requires modification to allow the introduction of LED module as picture shows.
The LEDs will be flat and not cylindrical as illustrated into picture of PCB.

What do you think about this idea?

Attachments

• pcb-aksw.jpg
    pcb-aksw.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 0
  • leds-module-pcb.png
    leds-module-pcb.png
    18.9 KB · Views: 0
  • leds-module-facade.jpg
    leds-module-facade.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 0
Nice! :D

Pls increase my order to 2 boards (1 with led)....maybe an idea to keep the costs of PCB production low (as if they are high now...:)..)....could you design the production board with both circuit boards on the same 'board' with some perforation in between the two circuits so that the user will be able just to cut/saw or break the board in two and have two boards (kickstart and led)....for the producer it will run as a single board production...;)....just an idea....:cool:

Will this board be for sale as:
1. Fully assembled ,
2. full kit, or
3. PCB only?

Fully assembled. Like that, I'm sure that the board will run fine before to be sent.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice! :D

Pls increase my order to 2 boards (1 with led)....maybe an idea to keep the costs of PCB production low (as if they are high now...:)..)....could you design the production board with both circuit boards on the same 'board' with some perforation in between the two circuits so that the user will be able just to cut/saw or break the board in two and have two boards (kickstart and led)....for the producer it will run as a single board production...;)....just an idea....:cool:

OK! List updated!

I have also looked for the possibility of all in one board solution.
It's possible to have define holes onto the PCB schematics. With this solution, the two parts could be separate. We had the same idea!
I have also made a new design with smc components under the kickstarts. The ROMs are mounted onto sockets, so there is enough place to put them. The routed PCB with this design is nice. I'm going to see to add the part for LEDs.
I'll try this evening!

Last edited:
I am interested, but seems to me that your pcd doesn't fit on my A1000 because I have a space between the odd and even socket...
If so, have you plan to design a new pcb?
MyA1000.jpg

I'm interested in one piece without the leds, but i would like to know what kind of mods are needed on the mobo aka fitting instructions :)

I am interested, but seems to me that your pcd doesn't fit on my A1000 because I have a space between the odd and even socket...
If so, have you plan to design a new pcb?

No need to create a new design!:)
For a PCB like yours, you have to remove U5S and to put a socket at the U5R place. The solder has to be removed with a desolder pump. You can do that with a soldering iron an a manual pump is you don't own a desoldering station.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm interested in one piece without the leds, but i would like to know what kind of mods are needed on the mobo aka fitting instructions :)

I work actually onto an installation manual. But, if you know DJbase adapter, the modifications are the same.
Me, I have found an old scan of a German magazine about a simple kickstart adapter. This is also what DJBase used to make his version.
If you want, I'll make a short description in the weekend.:)

Last edited:
I have made a new design with the Led logic part onto the main PCB. The board for LEDs is attached to the main PCB.
Like that, the LED PCB can be detached from the man PCB with a cutting pliers.
With the previous design, we had two PCBs (9+3=12€ / $17 USD).
With this new design and the number of interested, we can expect to obtain a price around 5,30€ / $7,60 USD!:)

Last edited:
I don't know why I didn't thought about the following solution before...:Doh:
Well, ther is allready a LED power onto the front case of the A1000. The solution of three LED is not good
for me because we need to modify the front case. This afternoon, I have worked to find lowest prices for
components, and I have found a LED bi-color! RED and GREEN with the same component. Cooooool.

So, the idea is simple. We remove the original power LED of the A1000, and we replace it by the new one.
Like that, when the AMIGA boots with KS1.3, the LED is RED, and after a long reset, the KS3.1 is actived and
the LED is GREEN.

By the way, there is no optional module LED. The logic is integrated onto the PCB of the kickstart switcher!
New design done.

Attachments

• V201.jpg
    V201.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom