Mega Everdrive - An SD device for your SEGA Mega Drive [REVIEW]

Neil79

Country
UK
Region
Kent
Clipboard01.jpg

Well what if I told you there was a device out there which enables the playing of pretty much every single Sega Mega Drive, Genesis, Sega Master System and 32X game through a single cart based SD in your Mega Drive! Welcome to the Mega Everdrive, a very interesting product sent to us by RetroTowers for review.

http://www.indieretronews.com/2014/12/mega-everdrive-sd-device-your-megadrive.html

The Mega Everdrive is MEGA :)

I've got one myself, as well as a SNES Everdrive, NES Everdrive, GB Everdrive, and GG Everdrive. All excellent...excellent carts.

The Mega Everdrive is MEGA :)

I've got one myself, as well as a SNES Everdrive, NES Everdrive, GB Everdrive, and GG Everdrive. All excellent...excellent carts.

Nice!

We are hoping to get the SNES Everdrive in next year for review, but that depends on RetroTowers :)

Just one point that's not obvious from your post here, I didn't check your link to see if you correct it, but you still need a 32x to play those games, you can't just play them on a standard md. Also with a 32x fitted, you can't play the master system games.

Last edited:
The in-game save/load state menu also doesn't work with the 32x fitted

Just one point that's not obvious from your post here, I didn't check your link to see if you correct it, but you still need a 32x to play those games, you can't just play them on a standard md. Also with a 32x fitted, you can't play the master system games.

You still need a 32X fitted, as for the further test I can't say without having a 32X. Just being honest :)

- - - Updated - - -

The in-game save/load state menu also doesn't work with the 32x fitted

Without a 32X to test we couldn't add that to the review :eek:

Back
Top Bottom