kwriedel

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
Germany
Region
Rheinland-Pfalz
I have a prototype of a Merlin 4MB module for sale. 50€
Remember, that only one module is possible for the Merlin.
RAM-Modul 800.JPG

Attachments

• Merlin KW mit RAM.jpg
    Merlin KW mit RAM.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Neato! Did you get this from that ingenieurbuero-riedel guy? What extra modes does the Merlin support with 4mb vs 2? I thought regardless of RAM the max goes 640x480x24bit 800x600x16bit and 1024x768x8bit?

I am the ingenieurbuero-riedel guy. There are no additional modes with 4MB vs 2MB.
Just speed increases a bit, because caching is done internally on Merlin and not to Amiga Ram (with Probench)
As I remember (sorry for not beeing an Amiga User), the Merlin has higher resolutions in 8 bit than 1024x768 ?

Last edited:
I am the ingenieurbuero-riedel guy. There are no additional modes with 4MB vs 2MB.
Just speed increases a bit, because caching is done internally on Merlin and not to Amiga Ram (with Probench)
As I remember (sorry for not beeing an Amiga User), the Merlin has higher resolutions in 8 bit than 1024x768 ?

Yes it does higher than 1024x768 in 8 bit for sure. Does the speed increase only work under Probench but not Picasso96?

Thats what I have been told from Hans Raaf (100 years ago..). He also told me picaaso makes less use of the "blitter" or however it is called in the ET4000.
But I also don't know the speed differences between Probench and Picasso96 or any compatibilty issues of both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom