Need help to make a BOOTABLE disk for N-Comm

dougal

AmiBayer
Country
Malta
I've recently been toying with using my A500+ (2MB chip) and Gotek drive to access BBS's via telnet.

I've got it all working but JR-Comm sucks cause I can't get any colour. So i'd like to use N-comm since everyone's been going on about it :)

Well, my problem is that every single version I find is either LHA or DMS or else ADF but not bootable. Loading Workbench disk first and then N-Comm disk doesn't work because of some required library or file or whatever.

So basically I need a version of N-Comm (ADF) which I can simply load independently of Workbench. Its either that or else I need to know how to make the N-Comm ADF bootable.

There is no LIBS directory in the Ncomm disk... What it asks is "Can't Open reqtools library"

Ok, Instead I managed to install it on the A500's hard drive.

Only issue is that BBS's are not detecting that I have ANSI capability using both Ncomm and Jcomm

Well I tried 2 bbs's. One of them works fine when I log on using my pc

- - - Updated - - -

Both BBS's I logged on to using Ncomm and Jcomm are in ASCI (b&w) on the Amiga and ANSI (Colour) using the PC.

Also on the Amiga with both comms programs the letters are like wELCOME tO tHE bBS - notice capitals and lower mixed but on the PC they are proper.

- - - Updated - - -

If its any help I have error correction switched off (The Xon/Xoff , RTS CTS etc... That is set to NONE on both the Amiga, The Modem emulator (on pc) and on the Comm port driver on the PC

I got a bootable ncomm-disk i made for myself many years ago. It's all set up working with ansi colors and even boots with kickstart 1.3 machines

Back
Top Bottom