Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Country
Portugal
Region
Vila Nova de Gaia
Hi,
Recently my 1084S-D1 died decided not work any more. :(

After several attempts it returned to life one more time but after this it died again.
The symptom is: when turn it on does not give absolutely nothing ... not even the LED light.
Minwhile i replace a bad capacitor, who is bloated.
After a new verification in the board, I found that the transformer has no voltage at the output. Does anyone know where I can get one to replace the broken? I went to two local stores and did not find in any of them, search on the web and not find anything with this reference.
Thanks in advance for any help.

P_20160217_231455_LL.jpgP_20160217_231404_LL.jpgP_20160217_231442_LL.jpg

the power supply powers the lopt and audio circuits,did you have power going into the inputs the supply isnt a linear one its switchmode

i assume you tested the bridge rectifier? and you know this supply basically works the same as the 1084S-d earlier version and you have checked the windings?

it will be very difficult to get this transformer as itll have to be stripped from a working board...also worth mentioning youll have to say which set you have as there will be two variants of this on pal monitors and one for ntsc,and it doesnt work in the traditonal sense that linaer supply transformers work.inputs are measured in DC not AC one side of the output is 110 volts after the diode other output is 16 i think for audio,all other supply voltages come from the secondarys on the lopt

Last edited:
My monitor is pal version.
I will follow your advice and I will do more tests to the transformer only with the input pins connected to see if I have the 110V off!
Thank you Roy ;) ... after the tests come post the results here.

P_20160311_225632_LL.jpg

ill try to upload a picture of the windings so you can check on a simple ohms test to see if its open or not

take note of this picture the circled numbers along side the windings is the pin numbers for the that transformer...

attachment.php

where its marked in a square outline,thats the test points....1 and 2 should be about 330 volts dc,test point 3 AFTER the diode should 110 volts dc,test piont 4 AFTER the diode should about 16 volts dc,test point 3 and 4 are relitive to chassis ground that means tie com on your meter to a ground point and check it is actually ground before testing ....check the inputs first,if the main large capacitor went bad check the bridge rectifier before it with NO power applied to see if the bridge is ok using a simple diode test and reverse the poles on your meter etc,its just after the chokes and before the main resevior capacitor.

if you dont know how to fix these i can offer to repair the monitor mainboard but youll have to send me the mainboard and tube neck pcb for diagnostics,you dont have to send the entire monitor.
i dont offer very often as im not doing many repairs anymore,but if your really unsure ill make an exception

Last edited:
Thank you Roy! :)

I will try to do the tests and then say something.
If I can not do the tests I send the card for you to repair.
Once again thank you for your willingness and help. ;)

no problem,best to check the windings are ok as you now have the pinouts for them,its unlikly to be the transformer,you can actually completely remove the lopt to test the supply...it comes in handy to do it that way,main supply doesnt need to be under load for testing.

Hi!
Sorry for the later answer, but only today i made tests.
Today I did a test with the transformer, connected the input pins to the board and in the output pins to measure voltages. Unfortunately none of them sensed voltages :(
No longer know what to do anymore ... if I can send to you I am very grateful.

455a3fde-e03c-41c8-89c4-519b24d46d41.jpg 2aa43691-05e9-48ce-a10b-8e54a2ca436f.jpg

Last edited:
sorry for the late reply.

i have no idea why you removed the transformer,you didnt need to do that at all...

to repair it you would have to send me the main board and neck assembly off the back of the tube,then i can see what the problem was

Thanks for the reply. :D
Honestly I didn't know who else to ask for help.

I'm going to send you private message.

Thank you very much! (y)

After these years I still hope that one day my 1084S will be repaired ... :(

roy_Bates
Does your offer for repair still hold?
At the time I sent a private message but you never answered me ...

yep,i dont think i got a message

you can send the monitor to me,although im niot sure what it would be to send on im in the uk

this came tuesday morning,did a little investingation the power supply section really is dead
i have some parts coming ,so ill see how i get on,probably wont be until the weekend at the earliest whne they arrive,ill update the thread when i get somewhere

this is now repaired and fully working from what i can see,here are some pics

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

by the way the cap you replaced isnt faulty,its the case design
ill just send you a message for your address for shipping,then i can give you your final qoute

its passed its saok test after finding every preset was changed on the board,no idea why

Last edited:
Great news Roy! :D:thumbsup2:
After all the problem is that bad Voltage Regulator, i'm correct?
Also don't understand why he lost the presets.
I will send you a private message with my adress.
Thank you!

yes and the two resistors in that one picture,ill find out what shipping is when i get a second probably monday i think

payment accepted gratefully,item is on its way
ill just pm you to give you yuor tracking info,etc

Monitor received a month ago and works like a charm! :D
Excelent work roy_bates!
Thanks! (y)

Sorry for late reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom