Not open for further replies.

kneehighspy

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Country
Usa
Region
Cerulean
looking for some form of hard drive for my Amiga 1000. Looking everywhere, some form of unicorn. purchased a tecmar tcard and tdisk for good price, but apparently only works with wb1.1, downloaded drivers but couldnt get drivers to work, so now i have spare tcard and tdisk in my collection.

so really would like a feasible hard disk for my A1000, needs to work and hopefully autoboot under 1.3.

any and all help is appreciated.

thanks!

mike

Could homebrew a 1.3ROM with scsi.device? Depends on how confident the OP is?

Could homebrew a 1.3ROM with scsi.device? Depends on how confident the OP is?

no room in the rom to add anything (256k for A1000) would have to adapt a larger rom which he may have done already for kick 1.3 but thats 512k and full to the brim.

what is possible,, I dare say.. ACA500 which WILL auto boot a workbench and kickstart 1.3
http://amigax1000.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/aca500-on-amiga-1000.html

Yes, both CF slots are fully supported under 1.3. (But remember that most Amiga filesystems are 2.0+ only. Only FFS and PFS3AIO will work under 1.3 and some versions of FFS are 2.0+ only too)

Last edited:
Get the ACA500 plus. Should offer chip ram extension. I have a ACA500 on mine, love it! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1462251824.371024.jpg

tried that route, no luck. no issues with kipper personally but placed order, waited three months, kipper mentioned problems after about my fifth email with stock and parts he had. so got refund, now site shows waiting on parts for last month or two. if he had mentioned the issue with me about parts problems, i wouldve waited longer, but after three months of no contact what so ever, i just asked for refund.

heard kipper has a great product and is great to work with, but have to except slow communications. shouldnt have to wait 3 months for any form of feedback. will definitely try him again once he shows parts in stock, he seems straight up when he does contact you.

if anyone has a spare 1000 ide card from kipper, i would definitely be interested. hell right now i am looking at piecing together some form of omti card solution temporarily.

1000 hard drives and unicorns are tough to find, but i do think i stepped in unicorn dung the other day.

mike

- - - Updated - - -

thats what i need, where can i locate one of them? thanks!

mike

Get the ACA500 plus. Should offer chip ram extension. I have a ACA500 on mine, love it!View attachment 105772

I don't know much about the A1000 but, can you use SCSI at all, is there an addon card that fits?

If so, then there is the SCSI2SD card you could try.

i would love scsi, but finding the a1000 scsi adapter is like finding a unicorn. i have several spare scsi2sd adapters, i use one connected to the scsi port on my emplant mac emulator card in my amiga 3000 and it loads up os7 just fine.

so i would love a scsi adapter for my a1000, and the kipper solution seems awesome if i could get one, but now i am gonna add the aca500 to my list, but i was just reading the aca500 doesnt work with ntsc amiga 1000 and that its no longer available but being replaced with an aca500+, wonder if it will work on ntsc machines.

thanks for the input guys!

mike

I don't know much about the A1000 but, can you use SCSI at all, is there an addon card that fits?

If so, then there is the SCSI2SD card you could try.

Last edited:
*maybe* you could get one of the adaptors that Beavis is selling here that plug in to the expansion port and give you a Zorro II slot.. And then use a A2090 scsi card that you commonly see on the A2000.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

that sounds like a solution, i will contact beavis and see what he has to offer.

thanks.
mike

*maybe* you could get one of the adaptors that Beavis is selling here that plug in to the expansion port and give you a Zorro II slot.. And then use a A2090 scsi card that you commonly see on the A2000.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

I have put my GVP A500-HD8 on the A1000 at times. No, not an aesthetically elegant solution, but after Kickstart 1.3 boot (from Gotek .ADF) it runs good, though I keep it at 2MB on the HD8 (I have 1.5MB on an Insider). Any well-made A500 HD solution on the 86-pin slot should work. The unit spins 180 degrees to face rearward on the right side, plus elevation required. I've hacked old GVP A3001's to run off the A1000, but that's tough to do today because the 86-pin connectors are hard to get. (note: YMMV - A1000 timing I found is not as tight as the A500 edge/2000 CPU slot. The 25/28/33 Mhz boards worked, but higher speed models weren't happy - never tried other accelerators after that).

My goal on mine is to outfit it with a KS ROM adapter (switcher?), and also one of the IDE68K-style interfaces that would allow boot from a 2.05 or 3.1/3.x ROM of the A600 flavor - which has the A600 IDE driver code. This of course rules out HD boot under 1.3 (but that OS mode will be mainly for floppy games anyway).

One benefit of a Gotek for KS and WB load is that you could build the old-style Kickstart 1.2 boot from floppy + transfer-to-HD solution used back when. I don't know if a Binddrivers version of the IDE interface driver is obtainable (but most 3rd party units include the expansion-drawer driver for just that purpose), but it does do the deed in that situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom