Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
Hello my fellow AmiBay'ers

What is all this about?
Today I release into the wild the delightful Prelude A1200 16bit Clock Port Sound Card that I have owned since new.

History
I have had this card from new since 1998/99, This card has had a good 4 - 6 months of use since that time (so not many hours on the clock) - thats because of the PCI busboard and Sound Blaster Card

Adaptor Features

prelude1200.jpg prelude1200-conn.jpg
(stock photos: thanks to amiga.resource.cx)

Crystal Semiconductor Sound Codec 4231A
  • 5510-64000 Hz frequency range
  • ALaw, uLaw, ADPCM compression / decompression
  • MPC Level 2 compatible mixer
  • dual DMA registers support full duplex operation
  • two onchip FIFO buffers for higher performance
  • selectable Serial Audio Data Port
  • two channel simultaneous playback (simple stereo signal)full duplex 16 bit audio sampling and playback
  • 14 sampling and playback rates up to 64 kHz
  • four stereo mini-jack sockets: one line level output, two line inputs, one microphone input
  • one of the inputs can be used to mix the Paula audio with the Prelude output

Notes
Now, I do need to mention this, the Prelude 1200 (and Prelude Z2) are not like a DSP based design like the Delphina or tocatta, This adapter is designed solely for handling audio, sadly unlike the other adaptors mentioned it cannot off-load your CPU when playing back an 8+ channel ScreamTracker file - However for me this was a Joy with my 040/060 and even 030 under Octamed Sound Studio.

Reason for Sale
No longer needed for any project, noticed a few (old) wanted threads on here and eab.abime.net - figured this could go to the right person

So what do you get?
Well the two part adaptor and cable - sadly I cannot find the rear plastic cover - although I am sure I could 3D print one LOL
Will get some pictures of the adaptor up tonight for you all.

Price ?
I hoping to get £130 + postage, which if memory serves was what I paid for the device when new,

Important Caveat:
A fellow AmiBayer has expressed an interest in this item, asking when i decided to sell the item to give him first shout if you will. This was decided a while back so there is nothing suspicious LOL, I have messaged Sveta and he is first in-line on this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom