Zorrocard inserted upside-down in zorroslot

@ drbrain

We wait with bated breath.....there are a lot of people interested in the results of this thread.

The biggest/hardest problem for me right now is if I can gather the courage needed to test it in my A4000.
I have a couple of days to do so while I wait for the resistors....:unsure:

OK,

If you don't want to risk your A4000, maybe you should ask if an A4000 user on here who is a repair guru would be prepared to test it for you on their machine.

Unfortunately, I don't have a 'big box' Amiga :( but if I had one, I'd be prepared to test your card.

*Nudges Zetr0 and TheCorfiot ;)*

Got the new resistors today and they are now soldered to the card.
I also got the A500 Zorro-adapter today and hopefully I'll pick up an A500 tomorrow so I can do some initial testing.
If it doesn't blow the A500 to outer space i guess it's safe to test in my A4000 :roll:

The A500 I got for free gave me some troubles... seems like a chip (CIA?) controlling the floppy-drive are overheating because I get read-errors after a few minutes when powered on. If I wait 10-15min to let it cool down it works fine again for a couple of minutes.... well.. that's not why I'm writing this.

I've now tested the Repulse in the A500 with zorro-adapter and guess what... it shows up under boards in SysInfo so it's not completely dead. :arms :D
repulse_working.jpg

Next thing is to test it in my A4k and install the drivers/software and see if it actually works... at least it's looking kinda promising now.. :roll:

Great!!

This story could have a happy ending after all.....

The card is now installed in my A4000 and is currently playing an MP3 for the first time and there's sound coming out of it ;)

So this story has a happy ending.... :cool:

I want to thank everyone who has helped me in this thread... without you I might never got the card working.
And a BIG thanks goes to Jens @ Individual Comp for designing the upside-down protection!!!! :bowdown::bowdown:

:thanks:

!!!!!\o/\O/ YAY \O/\o/!!!!!

I just love a happy ending =)

Wow, what an amazing story this has been!!! Congratulations on getting this magnificent sound card working !!!

Marvellous! A happy ending is a good ending, and we always love to see dead Amiga hardware restored to its former glory.

Fantastic stuff! :woot: :thumbsup2:

This is what makes AmiBay special, I believe that the support that people get with repairs on here is second to none.

@ drbrain

I am so pleased for you, that's a fantastic result!!
:thumbsup2::thumbsup2::woot::woot::arms:arms

Edit: I am going to make this thread a sticky, it deserves it. (y)

This is what makes AmiBay special, I believe that the support that people get with repairs on here is second to none.

@ drbrain

I am so pleased for you, that's a fantastic result!!
:thumbsup2::thumbsup2::woot::woot::arms:arms

Edit: I am going to make this thread a sticky, it deserves it. (y)

Yeah... you guys here have been very helpful. If i ever have a problem with one of my Amigas in the future i sure know where to ask for help now... AmiBay!!! ;)

I'm very happy too... now everything has been brought to life in the A4000 I bought as dead. It's taken some time but it's been worth every penny/minute to save an Amiga from the dead.

I'm very happy too... now everything has been brought to life in the A4000 I bought as dead. It's taken some time but it's been worth every penny/minute to save an Amiga from the dead.

It's a satisfying feeling, isn't it? Receiving a poorly Amiga and giving it some love and attention, and being rewarded when it comes fully back into life! Another Amiga saved!

It's a satisfying feeling, isn't it? Receiving a poorly Amiga and giving it some love and attention, and being rewarded when it comes fully back into life! Another Amiga saved!

Actually, this is one of our unspoken Prime Directives on Amibay; to prevent our beloved retro hardware (of any kind, not just Amiga) from dying whenever possible.

I know its an old thread but i only just read it and i really enjoyed it.

Its so great seeing this precious Amiga hardware working again and with the help of others on Amibay.

I have been helped lots of times here too :)

I like going to carboot sales and i often get lucky and come home with an Amiga though mostly they are always A500s or A500Plus's except a couple of times when I got even luckier and got A600s and A1200s for the price of a pack of fags. My point is that although it is always ideal when the machine works I also enjoy it when they dom't simply because it is fun repairing and so satisfying knowing you brought a dead Amiga back to life.

God knows how many times I had to fix up dead or dying A500plus's with the dreaded RTC battery leak.

Back
Top Bottom