Need a Kicstart ROM Switcher for Amiga (Found a Quad ROM switcher that Works on Amiga 2000)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbrejnia

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
Canada
Region
Ontario
I got tired of waiting for a ROM Switcher to be built for me on slow moving waiting list.

In case you really need one like I did and can't wait forever, I took a chance on this ROM switcher for a DRUM Kawaii Drum Machine.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Kawai-R100-s...910576?hash=item33d39244f0:g:HagAAOSwLEtYiLu7

Takes same ROM size/PINout type as Amiga ROM.

I bought one and it works great on my Amiga 2000, (Directly plugged into ROM SOCKET).
Switches all 4 of my ROMs as shown in Photo Below with the Mechanical switch.
This won't do the CTRL-A-A swap, but for me 4 ROM is even better and I'll just make a hold in face plate at back of A2000 Card Slot (for the mechanical switch).
Another option I played with is you can just jumper right next to the PC board cable connector.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4274/34855617855_b63489e7b5_c.jpg

It comes with 1 EPRROM that they guy will burn any image on to if for you, if you provide a legit Kickstart ROM image.
I didn't need a Image, so he shipped me the EPROM blank.

Not sure if this fits into a A500, but might. Should work with simple ribbon cable if you can find a DIN to DIN adapter.
I found one at a Electronic store, but when it fit nicely into A2000, I skipped the option.

Here is another option. I never got one, but another way to get you going.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-GGLABS-F...690063?hash=item5d6e22254f:g:9sMAAOSwr~lYrK9t

Last edited:
If I understand well, you don't need anymore my switcher, so I remove your line from the table.

Best regards,
Franck

If I understand well, you don't need anymore my switcher, so I remove your line from the table.

Best regards,
Franck

Yes Frank. I don't need one anymore.
I think you have a great design. Especially with the Ribbon option and Jumper/Switch Free operation (ROM Select Boot choice too).
Maybe you should sell as a kit since so many in demand, but you don't have much time to make. But you are clear in your thread....., NO kits and want to make them yourself.
I really wanted one, but couldn't wait since timeframe is way too long for a project on the go.
I did PM you a few times, and you never responded. Maybe you never got the PM's.
Glad this message finally got to you.
All the best on your projects.
Wally

@wbrejnia, nice find on the quad ROM switcher (y)

Not a problem.
I'm Happy that it worked for me and project is moving along to create a Multi Booting Amiga. Perfect for the 4 ROMs I have.
My original Plan for a two ROM switcher was to use a ZIP Socket (Quick Release) so I could swap out one ROM quickly (Downside is I'd have to open Amiga Case).

Like this....
https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4308/35821565020_258bf7cb5f_o.jpg
I built the extender with the Socket, but never needed it since Quad handles all 4 ROMS.

Also for the QUAD Switcher my first concern was would there be noise on the Mechanical Switch/ribbon cable length to not run properly, but Amiga Clock Speed ROM access is decades ago Slow Technology.
It works perfect. Fully booted all ROM as images show.

Small correction. You get two EPROMS (not one) that seller (May?) Burn a ROM image for you, or send you two blank EPROMS to burn on your own. (Your choice).
And you can contact him directly instead of ebay. The Web Link URL is on the Circuit Board.

Last edited:
I really wanted one, but couldn't wait since timeframe is way too long for a project on the go.
I did PM you a few times, and you never responded. Maybe you never got the PM's.

That's not true, I have answered three times, on 6th, 8th and 26th March 2017.
For the following PMs, you're right, I have never responded. I'm sorry for that. Not a lot of free time and lot of PMs for answering...
You found something that suits you elsewhere. So much the better for you, I'm not upset & really glad for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom