eslapion

Rating - 100%
115   0   0
Country
Canada
Region
Quebec
I am now offering a new product.

GandALF is a replacement module for the MOS 325572-01 custom IC installed in all VIC-1541 and 1541 disk drives that use the mid sized boards (1540050, 250442 and 250446).

The Gate and Array Logic for Floppy is about the only component on the electronics board of the standard 1541 and the later VIC-1541 for which there is no current version or cross reference on modern components list.

Using technology similar to what's used on PLAnkton, me, e5frog (Fredric Blaholtz) and electrical engineer Sylvain Brisebois were able to create a fully functional and perfectly compatible module to replace this IC which is specific to the 1541 series of floppy disk drives and only ever made by MOS or the Commodore Semiconductor Group.

No other company or individual has ever previously offered a compatible or equivalent replacement component.

The price is 13.50 Euros or 15$US per unit. GandALF is now in full production and available!
Customers ordering 10 units or more get a 25% discount. Customers ordering 5 units or more get a 20% discount.
Add one or more TOLB to your order and get 10% discount (on up to 3 units) , that's 16.20 Euros or 18$US per unit!

Shipping a small packet (up to 8 units) to the US is 8$. Shipping cost for Australia/NZ and South America is 10$US, Europe is 8 Euros.
Purchase some of my other products, TOLB or PLAnkton, and I will combine shipping to save you money.

The product is strictly shipped with antistatic protective packaging. It is covered by a 90 days money back guarantee and a 3 year replacement guarantee afterwards.

102_0778.jpg

Last edited:
Interested in 2 unit

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Ray Carlsen has tested a prototype. I am still waiting for the PCBs to make the 1st production run.

Francois, I'm happy to report that your module works fine. I ran two
drives and copied whole disks and then individual files back and
forth, first with a copy program in a stock drive and then with
JiffyDOS installed which runs faster and is more critical of
misalignment and other problems. I found no difference between
GandALF and the stock controller chip. The programs I copied fill
virtually all of a disk and thus check drive operation at the
disk track limits. For most computer and drive diagnostics, test
software and firmware is fine but I prefer to "test it in combat"
in a real world setup. I'd say your chip is ready for prime time.
Thanks! :)

Ray

Last edited:
GandALF is now in full production!

First production units have begun shipping!

Price adjusted to the current US$ vs Euros exchange rate. 19.50 Euros or 23$US.

Hi Eslapion.

The parcel has arrived.

Wonderful product.

Best Regards.

Gianluca.

GandALF didn't sell as well as I would've liked but I did sell a dozen of them and it is still available...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom