For Sale Amiga PS2-Keyboard MINIMALISTIC CABLE Adapter

a.mi.goun

Rating - 100%
755   0   0
Country
Czech Republic
Region
Prague
I have for sale Amiga PS2 Keyboard adapters - my idea was to build it in the form of a short extension cable. I managed to integrate the converter right into the cable. The converter itself is based on MMKeyboard design.

Adapter can be used on A2000 & A3000 (DIN version) and A4000 & CD32 (MiniDIN version). Special version for Amiga CDTV and Amiga 1000 is available as well.

MiniDIN PS2 keyboard adapter can come with USB connector too, for direct connect with USB keyboards that are PS2 protocol compatible:
In my experience some USB Keyboards also support PS2 protocol and therefore also can be used with this adapter (possibly not many, but I have succesfully tested few Genius keyboards - and for example Genius SlimStar 130 works well)

Special version of the PS2 keyboard adapter for Amiga CD32 with integrated RS232 serial port now available too. (CD32 features simple serial port functions - RX and TX signals - on the AUX connector). That simple serial port allows playing serial multiplayer games or filetransfers between PC/Amiga and Amiga/PC.
Black serial nullmodem cable compatible with the adapter is available too if you need one. With either 9pin or 25pin serial depending your needs.

Special Parallel port keyboard adapter is available too. It allows connecting either Amiga exernal keyboard or PS2 keyboard to Parallel connector (takes power from joystick port-joystick can be connected too, adapter is pass-thru). When driver is loaded you can use the keyboard in system friendly apps. Consult the parkeyboard on aminet for more info.

Prices excluding shipping (Paypal gift /or buyer pays fees or SEPA banktransfer):

Adapters to connect PS2 type keyboards:
A4000 & CD32 MiniDIN version of the adapter is 17,5 € (in black color 18,5 €)
A2000 & A3000 DIN version of the cable adapter is 18 € (in black color 19 €)
CD32 special version with integrated serial port 28 € (or 30 € including USB-RS232 converter if your PC does not have any serial port)
CDTV version of the adapter is for 19 €
A1000 version of the adapter is 18,5 €

Adapters to connect standard Amiga type keyborads:
Adapter to connect A2000/A3000 or A4000 keyboard to A1000 is 11,5 €
Adapter to connect A2000/A3000 or A4000 keyboard to CDTV is 11,5 €
Adapter to connect A1000 keyboard to A2000/3000 or A4000 is 12 €

Price for the DIN (female)-MiniDIN (male) adapter (if needed) is 1,5 €
Price for the DIN (male)-MiniDIN (female) adapter (if needed) is 5 €
Price for the MiniDIN-USB adapter (if needed) is 2 €

Parallel port keyboard adapter:
ParKeyboard Adapter (compatible with external Amiga keyboards) 15 €
ParKeyboard Adapter (compatible with standard PC PS2 keyboards) 19 €

Photos (click to enlarge):

amiga-key-ps2-minidin.jpgps2keyboard-adapter-din.jpgps2usbkeyboard-adapter.jpgps2keyboad-adapter-a1000.jpgcdtv-ps2-kb-adapter.jpgcdtv-a2k3k-kb-adapter.jpgcd32-ps2kb-serialport.jpg

ParKeyboard Adapter:
parkeyboardps2.jpg

Last edited:
I have a question, with this cable I can connect any ps2 keyboard to my Amiga 2000, plus a DIN-PS2 converter? Its like a Lyra 3 keyboard adapter?

DIN version of the cable adapter added. This can be directly plugged into A2000 and A3000 (with the DIN connector).

Special version of the PS2 keyboard adapter for Amiga CD32 with integrated RS232 serial port now available too. (as CD32 features simple serial port functions - RX and TX signals - on the same MiniDIN connector). That simple serial port allows playing serial multiplayer games or filetransfers between PC/Amiga and Amiga/PC.

Black serial nullmodem cable compatible with the adapter is available too if you need one. With either 9pin or 25pin serial depending your needs.

I'm interested in one of these, but had a quick question - what is the mapping for PC to Amiga keys with one of these adapters?

Default key mapping you can find in mmkeyboard221 guide. If in some case you dont like the default mapping, you can change for other mapping from workbench by configuring thru the mmkeyboard driver.

Interested in a PS2 to CD32 din keyboard adapter

Last edited:
Default key mapping you can find in mmkeyboard221 guide. If in some case you dont like the default mapping, you can change for other mapping from workbench by configuring thru the mmkeyboard driver.
Many thanks for this - I've taken a look and am now definitely interested! :D

Sending a PM.

Payment sent for a PS2 to CD32 Keyboard adapter

Back
Top Bottom