Filled Gameboy advance transistor? repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

drojman

Banned
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Country
United Kingdom
Region
South West
Hi folks,

Bit of a long shot/odd one. I have a gameboy that I asked a friend to try and modify and well he completely fu..messed it up. I think what I'm looking at is a couple of damaged transistors and maybe some of the capacitors. (I might be using the wrong words here)

I have another GBA motherboard that I salvaged from a huge stock of broken GBAs with intact components. Is it possible someone could transplant the components for me? I can provide pictures if needed, getting a quality photo of the damage isn't the easiest.

I know it's probably easier to just buy another GBA but I'm bit of a sentimental guy really, far too much actually.

Thank you.

Last edited:
ill have a look at it,but cant promise anything due to not knowing what damage was done

just explain in pm what the modification was supposed to be please,but please dont get into the person that did it if possible i dont normally look at equipment that others have destroyed,thanks

this is now working again...erm,i wont be taking the mick out of whoever did this,but ill explain a short overview of the repair

i removed the busted transistors and cap and resistor on the board,and cleaned up the mess and transplanted the parts onto this board after cleaning up the mess under magnification due to the parts being very small smd components

what else can i say...yep,if people cant do this please dont attempt it,it just makes peoples lives like mine alot harder

i didnt take any after pictures its clean and tidy,i took a before picture,buts i wont be posting it here

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom