G4 CPU for Pegasos II and G3 CPU for AmigaOne MicroA1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the "sales" section - not the "wanted" section. <Thanks. Moved>

Last edited by a moderator:
If someone is interested I can offer in exchange some Amiga stuff like my Apollo 1230, an Aca 1221ec overclocked perfectly working or an Amiga 2000 like new with no leaking damage and new coin battery.

It should be really interesting but I don't think it should be possible to have an AmigaOs version to be installed on it.

Sems it needs to desolder the cpu and resolder the new one pin by pin. Very hard to be done by a non professionist.
Has anyone tried to do that? Are there other componets that needs to be changed on the board?

i dont know, i am going to take a guess and say "probably :) i dont run hardware so i cant tell you. i was looking at dual quad cores earlier. i would love to get a ppc card and run both of them on it.
with a 060 and i know this is dumb sounding, running a separate fpu as a co processor is smarter than running just a 60; a 68882. if there were some type of "driver for dual fpu handling, that'd be the way to do it. especially if you could optimize between both. instruction handling load instruction handling, and clock handling i think would take care of the clock speed between each and the clock rate over the bus between. get that 060 up to at least 100mhz and bump that 68882 up to 80mhz, 60mhz at least and you are looking at a beast. find someone who could write for 2 fpu's and the processor. (im thinking 3d games and lightwave) the draws should take no time and hopefully youll see 120fps. maybe 90. somewhere around there. a good mmu if handled properly would be a z80 upclocked to 50mhz. it is possible. the arcades have run the 6510 and the z80 up to 50mhz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom