Help: How to connect on internet an Amiga 1200 with Vampire

Olivier

Country
Denmark
Region
Aarhus
Hello everyone!
I installed a vampire on my amiga 1200. everything works great, now I would like to take the next step ... connect to the internet!
Can anyone help me step by step? I decided to use Amitcp (Miami and RoadShow are not free).

Well, I strongly recommend RoadShow, it's by far the most versatile and fastest Amiga TCP/IP stack right now.

Well, I strongly recommend RoadShow, it's by far the most versatile and fastest Amiga TCP/IP stack right now.
I know...on coffin software there is a demo version.... But 25 euro is a lot for me now!

You can try the demo version, it lasts each time for 15 minutes.

yes .. I can always use the demo! but if I then want to configure the connection with amitcp, does it not create a conflict? do you know if I also have to modify files?

RoadShow comes with a very comprenhensive manual to cover all aspects of its use. But for normal and straight connectivity, I don't think that you will need more than 1-2 modifications (depending your hardware). Beware that RoadShow doesn't have a GUI for setting it up, therefore if you are not good at Amiga Shell and/or scripts, then stick with AmiTCP instead. If it's the version from AmigaOS 3.9, I think it has an installation wizard.

RoadShow comes with a very comprenhensive manual to cover all aspects of its use. But for normal and straight connectivity, I don't think that you will need more than 1-2 modifications (depending your hardware). Beware that RoadShow doesn't have a GUI for setting it up, therefore if you are not good at Amiga Shell and/or scripts, then stick with AmiTCP instead. If it's the version from AmigaOS 3.9, I think it has an installation wizard.

thank you for your help!

Back
Top Bottom