Amiga scart leads Vs LCD TVs

Tajmaster

Truth, Justice, all that stuff.
Country
UK
Region
Bradford, West Yorkshire
Hi All

Can anyone shed any light as to why all 4 of my Amiga scart leads dont work with my 2 LCD TVs? In some cases I get a completely white screen and on other leads I get a VERY faint Amiga output (depending on which scart lead I use and which socket I put it in). Are LCD scart sockets not the same as regular TV sockets??

My TVs are:

Toshiba Regza model 37RV635D
Samsung model P2270HD

Ive got a feeling at least one of the cables isnt fully wired (just composite connections are made, at least I think thats it) but even so you would expect them all to work?? :sos

Hi All

Can anyone shed any light as to why all 4 of my Amiga scart leads dont work with my 2 LCD TVs? In some cases I get a completely white screen and on other leads I get a VERY faint Amiga output (depending on which scart lead I use and which socket I put it in). Are LCD scart sockets not the same as regular TV sockets??

My TVs are:

Toshiba Regza model 37RV635D
Samsung model P2270HD

Ive got a feeling at least one of the cables isnt fully wired (just composite connections are made, at least I think thats it) but even so you would expect them all to work?? :sos

have a read m8, all your answers should be here

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=37187

cheers, JuvUK

Cheer Juv!! Mega quick response mate :)

That seems to make sense, unfortunately its beyond my technical ability! LOL!!:roll:

where did your scarts come from? maybe someone here could mod one of them?

I got 3 off eBay and one with a job lot of Amiga stuff, all this was a while ago now :)

Yeah thats a good suggestion, would anyone here be able to modify my scart leads so they work on my LCD, as per the EAB guys post?

As a complement to schematics, you must also connect the +12 volt of Amiga video connector to pin 16 of scart thru a 330 Ohm resistor. This for switch the tv set to RGB mode. Fast blanking mode.:)
If doesnt happen and connect only the pin 8 of scart with +12volt, you see only composite video.

Back
Top Bottom