lewism

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Country
Scotland
Region
Highlands
Don't know anything about this drive, it was already in bits (screws missing) in a box of random Amiga stuff I acquired somewhere over the years. It has an additional floppy drive port on the back. Completely untested.

£5 + P&P. Paypal preferred.

cDWLXCA.png

@Bandit0r

Why not go ahead with the purchase then donate the hardware to Sardine for the cost of shipping or maybe even swaps (y)

thats very good of you chaps , its all on cooke now unless I buy it from Bandit0r and the seller just ships to me

Last edited:
thats very good of you chaps , its all on cooke now unless I buy it from Bandit0r and the seller just ships to me

Let's wait till tomorrow and see is he also for that.
If not, I gonna buy it & lewism should ship to you Sardine.

greetz & thanks @ all.

thanks.

it's actually for my son. He 21yrs autistic and because of me he's also a retro nut ,

I bought him an A600 for xmas. I nice clean A600HD.

unfortunately the internal drive is hit and miss on the disk insert sensors and when I get the nerve to take it apart and clean it should be good if i don't break it. ( it does boot from a floppy but doesn't see disk changes )

we tried 3d printing an internal gotek mount, it sorta works but was clumsy, its an old red led button gotek, it doesnt let the case close properly or reach the buttons ok and my lad wants to keep the internal drive ( he likes the click when the drive thinks there is no disk in )

We thought an external gotek would be better and he could create real disks from the gotek if he wanted to or if i get brave fit a df0: df1: swap pcb i have here.

we do have a 4mb fast ram card, 4gb Cf card fitted and kick rom 3.1 but the fastram keeps popping off the cpu, tried, sanding the socket and 3d printing the wedge you fit under the keyboard ( worked for furia cards ) to hold it on but it still comes loose even if you don't touch it by a micro millimeter, it is the card as when it causes crashing or red / green screens pushing down on the card ( i don't even see it move ) then it works again no issues.

as my lad aint bothered so much about whdload then the gotek would be a good thing and in an external case without exposed wires easy for him to use.

we have already looked at converting the gotek to HXC with the rotary encoder , buzz mod and Oled display, we will build it together and when we have enough saved up send the A600 off to be recapped and a newer smaller "guaranteed" im told 8mb ram that will not pop off. ( we shall see )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom