1084 monitor with SCART

Anapan

Country
BC, Canada
Hello and welcome to my first thread! This is the sole reason I'm here.
My friend has a 1084 Amiga monitor with SCART input built in (It's from the United Kingdom). Apparently this monitor is rare and valuable because on ebay I can't find a single one with similar input on the rear panel. I want an identical one, or one with identical capabilities using adapter cables.
When he hooks up his Sega Saturn to the SCART input the most beautiful CRT picture comes up I have ever seen. A similar thing happens when he hooks up his Nintendo through it's RCA Composite input. If he used a proper cable a Super Nintendo could probably do equally amazing things.
I need to know what I'm looking for so I can request one in the Wanted To Buy forum.

Despite many inquries in forums and Ebay PMs I cannot find any solid information on how to use a multiscan monitor to get a good scanline-filled picture. Perhapse someone in-the-know here could school me in CRTs.

This is the extent of what I have found thus-far:
racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=18983
AFAIK all that's missing is a capable CRT, but why is it so hard to find?!?!

I really can't find any solid information on which model of CRT to get even. Please help!

Edit:
I've heard if I get the right CRT Sony WEGA it'll do something like the picture on a 1084, through SCART too. Can anyone shed some light on this? It looks like I'd have to get one shipped from the United Kingdom to have that input on the back. That may be a viable solution if I spent the money on it but I'd like to know how it compares to an old-school 13" accepting 15Khz composite signals.
Also has anyone found a KVM or video signal switcher that operates on Scart and audio?

meega

Elite ranking
Country
UK
Region
Any 1084 through analog RGB should look wonderfully similar. There's nothing particularly special about the SCART input (apart from being Satan's own), it could equally be a 6-pin DIN or 9-pin D socket.

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
I have this same monitor, do you want the model number?

I might be willing to sell it, but postage would be very expensive and would be a concern that it could get damaged in transit.

I do have the original box though so that would help.

Anyway if you post a wanted thread we could talk further about this, Its about to go back in the loft as I just bought a nice LCD TV for my Amiga 4000.

Steve.

Anapan

Country
BC, Canada
Steve, does your monitor have any screen burn, or problems with the manual controls (vertical, power, etc)? If not I'd like to buy it. We can discuss the particulars of shipping and packaging over PMs. Let me know it's good and I'll make a WTB for you.

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Steve, does your monitor have any screen burn, or problems with the manual controls (vertical, power, etc)? If not I'd like to buy it. We can discuss the particulars of shipping and packaging over PMs. Let me know it's good and I'll make a WTB for you.

As far as I can tell the screen is very good, I've had it for about 7 years and its not been used much by me and has been stored in its original box, I recently got it out of storage for my A600/A4000 but having just bought the new TV it will only go back.

All the controls work fine, the unit its self is very clean however as is with most of these these the flap at the front has brken off however I still have the flap and it will be included.

Here are a couple of pics:

IMG_9506.jpg

IMG_7881.jpg

*the joystick is holding the flap in place for the benefit of the picture*

Steve.

Top Bottom