Status
Not open for further replies.

desiv

work in progress...
Country
USA
Region
Salem Oregon
OK, I have a chance to get a 1200. Checking on shipping costs and such...
I haven't really priced a lot of these things, and I realize much of this is very subjective.
I'm not looking per se for a "It's worth X for this and Y for this", but...

This system has more than I was looking at getting, which of course means it costs more than I was thinking of paying.. (And you know I'm cheap, yet impulsive... :) )

So, it's basically a 1200 with an Apollo 1240 accelerator and 16M RAM. 800Mb (I think) HD, external PCMCIA CD and a DCE flicker fixer..

He's looking for around $300 USD, and my gut feeling is that sounds like a really good price, (I haven't priced accelerators at all???), but I was initially thinking something like $100 USD for just a 1200, so....

He's checking on shipping for me so I have a bit of waffle time, and I have to get the wife to agree (maybe the "early christmas present" thing?)....

Is this an awesome deal and I'm an idiot for not jumping?
Does it sound OK?
Should I keep looking, this is just the first and there will be more???

I know most of you are UK and it's a different situation, and no one thinks like I do (Thank the deities!! :nuts: ), so I'm just looking for some advice, feelers, etc...

Thanx...

desiv

McVenco

Grumpy Old Man
AmiBayer
Country
The Netherlands
Region
Limburg
Re: 1200 worth it??

I'd say that $300, or around €200 for an A1200, a flickerfixer and an Apollo 1240 is pretty close to a hell of a bargain.

If I were looking for an A1200 with some expansions I'd buy it almost without thinking :D

meega

Elite ranking
Country
UK
Region

1183811284502qx9.jpg

I'm not looking for a replacement myself, and I don't want an Apollo anything anyway (personal preference only here, not saying anything either way about abilities or performance) but it certainly isn't expensive.

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS

I saw some Apollo 1240 on the Evilbay costing this amount alone! Note that is not price driving: it is what it is.

If I have a need for another A1200 then I'll jump over this one in no time! I saw the offer on A.troll, too. :wink:

desiv

work in progress...
Country
USA
Region
Salem Oregon

You're all just saying this so I'll get a 1200 and shut up and finally quit pestering you, aren't you?

:nono: :shock: :blink: :?

Yeah, it's more than I wanted to spend, but unless shipping is ungodly, I think I'm going to (ask the wife if I can.. ;-) ) go for it..

:thumbsup2: (y)

We'll see how it goes...

desiv

AndyLandy

Acceleration!
Treasurer
Country
UK
Region
Southampton

Definitely! That's a very good price for what you get.

If you feel a hole in your pocket, you can always offer the Apollo 1240 up on here to regain some pennies. :)

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS

Just offering the external CD and flickerfixer will pass the amount of money the seller asks.

meega

Elite ranking
Country
UK
Region

Is it time to close this thread now? :please:

desiv can start another in Chat somewhere if he buys the machine. (y)

desiv

work in progress...
Country
USA
Region
Salem Oregon

I think you've all talked me into it, so if all goes well, I'll ask more questions later where appropriate. :woot:
If the deal falls apart, I'll post in the RANT section with lots of sad emoticons. :(

You can close away..

:wink:
desiv

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester

:whistleblower:

*Ahem*

I would like to remind people about this link on the site and ask that people avoid any possible price driving in this thread please....

:thanks:

desiv

work in progress...
Country
USA
Region
Salem Oregon

As I said, close it up...

I wasn't looking for particulars, just feelers, but I will refrain from using AmiBay for that type of thing in the future.

Sorry..

:banme:

desiv

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester

It's OK, no worries. Please take the time to sie down with a cup of coffee and read through the rules of our site.

Thanks

Merlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom