k0x

Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Country
Czech republic
Region
Ostrava
Hello,

for sale I have 8 pieces of 72pin SIMM modules 128MB 60ns 3.5mm thick.

Technical details:

SIMM Modules are made of 3.3V chips and memory could be used for both 5V and 3.3V aplication since used chips are 5V tolerable.
You can read about the chips used on the SIMM here.

Although some people doubt about using SIMMs based on 3.3V chips in Amiga hardware, they work flawlesly for long time in Amiga community without any issue.
There is NO SINGLE EVIDENCE OF PROBLEM caused by such memory in Amiga hardware.
Just walk through AmiBay to se how many of these type memory modules are in use.

Since so many cases where such modules being used we cannot talk about "just being lucky" anymore.

My modules are tested with Blizzard 1240/1260 and Blizzard PPC (horizontal memory slot).

2015-02-19 11.56.16.jpg2015-02-19 11.56.24.jpg2014-09-30 18.49.45.jpg2015-02-19 11.55.50.jpg

Unfortunately this modules wont fit into SCSI IV kit and in angled SIMM slot on Blizzard PPC due to capacitator under each chip. On horizontal PPC slot its without problem.

BPPC-RAM.jpgBPPC-RAM-problem.jpg

However you can modify the SIMM slot on your own to fit hem and than they works like a charm.

Memory modules was tested for <24hours on configurations:
- Blizzard 1240
- Blizzard 1260 72Mhz
- BlizzardPPC 68040 2x128MB
- Pentium 233MMX
Result of the test = 100% stable, without any issue.

Memory is compatible with Blizzard 1230 mkIV as you can see in this AmiBay sold thread.

Price for one 128MB module 35Eur including shipping (was 35Eur+5Eur shipping) --- 0 available (was 8 )

Price including Worldwide insured shipping without tracking - payment as PayPal gift
Bitcoin accepted.

Feel free to ask if interested.

Last edited:

dimfil

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Country
Greece
Region
Attiki
Interested in one SIMM.
PM sent.

- - - Updated - - -

Money sent for one simm.
Shipping details sent by pm.

hese

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
476   0   0
Country
Finland
Region
Savo
Notice that the memory chips are +3.3V. According to the manufacturer the absolute maximum supply voltage is +4.6V and not recommended for extended period.

Last edited:

dimfil

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Country
Greece
Region
Attiki
Notice that the memory chips are +3.3V. According to the manufacturer the absolute maximum supply voltage is +4.6V and not recommended for extended period.

Could you please be more specific?
Are they or are they not compatible with the above accelerators?

k0x

Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Country
Czech republic
Region
Ostrava
Info from memory producer:
The SIMMs are newly produced and made of 3.3V chips but they work just fine with 5V applications (tested).
Thousands sold.

Me:
SIMMs have been tested for extended period as described in the first post. Am using such SIMMs in my Blizzard 1260 and Blizzard PPC for longer time without any problem.

@hese: thank you for noticing the ICS type. This way you can notice 70% of 128MB 7mm thick and 99% of 128MB ultathin 3.5mm SIMM sales today.

hese

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
476   0   0
Country
Finland
Region
Savo

Could you please be more specific?
Are they or are they not compatible with the above accelerators?
I thought this was clear enough. It may work for you for some time but basically you are using a +3.3V chip on +5V supply voltage, that's 50% more voltage than what these chips are meant for.

Direct quote from the specs: "Exposing the device to stress above those listed in Absolute Maximum Ratings could cause permanent damage. The device is not meant to be operated under conditions outside the limits described in the operational section of this specification. Exposure to Absolute Maximum Rating conditions for extended periods may affect device reliability."

- - - Updated - - -

Info from memory producer:
The SIMMs are newly produced and made of 3.3V chips but they work just fine with 5V applications (tested).
Thousands sold.
Do you have a direct link to this statement?

mover005

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Country
Germany
Region
NRW
Even if the producer said that, it's not a surprise. Producers are interested in selling these things, not telling people reasons why they shouldn't buy them. These chips aren't made for +5V supply and logic environments according to the memory IC manufacturer (and of all people, they should know this the best - if they'd be +5V compatible, that information would have went into the datasheet, as that's a feature and selling point) that they survive that way is a combination of luck and maybe also the already anemic power supply in upgraded keyboard Amigas. They can't really be recommended for permanent use.

Even if you'd give the ICs their own dedicated 3.3V supply, their I/O Pins still aren't really +5V logic compatible. Using them this way might cause damage to the memory ICs and/or devices connected to them. There are no ifs and buts. I wonder if memory sticks like these are responsible for all the defective memory controller logic in A1200 expansion cards you encounter.

Last edited:

dimfil

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Country
Greece
Region
Attiki
As far as I am concerned, I believe that somehow the original post should be more clear to the fact that the simms are made of 3.3V chips. That way I could have made a better decision on bying it or not.
I believe that the seller should consider refunding (at least this is my request) and reposting the description of the items with exact specs.

k0x

Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Country
Czech republic
Region
Ostrava
Thanks both hese and moover005 users for their inputs. Based on their comments I updated the original listing.

Both dimfill and Rishca refunded as requested.

dimfil

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Country
Greece
Region
Attiki
I really have to thank koxman for his immediate and positive response for a refund.
It is great to see such honest sellers in this forum and that's what makes Amibay so great and reliable.

To be completely honest, I am not quite sure if these simms are or are not compatible with Blizzard accelerators. It is only that now I have some doubts and I don't really like to risk my Blizzard accelerator, and I can't afford to risk it either.

Thanks again koxman for the positive solution of this matter.

mover005

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Country
Germany
Region
NRW
Thanks both hese and moover005 users for their inputs. Based on their comments I updated the original listing.

Both dimfill and Rishca refunded as requested.

(y) Thank you for your integrity. Its not that I want to destroy your sale or something, we just all have our Oldtimers here and we should do whats best for them, so that we can enjoy them as long as possible.

1NOM155

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Country
Portugal
Region
Seixal
Hi mate,

I already made the payment without knowing the rams aren't 5v :picard
I send you a PM.

With my best regards,

1NOM155

vitux

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Country
Spain
Region
Almeria
dimfil : Well, you've been lucky.
For me, no. One such user "Gordon" alias Gforce, sold me a defective HD Alfadata 500. Unable to recognize me simms modules. I have tried many, and different positions jumpers. This seller sent me new modules, but do not work, then he disappeared.
Nor has helped me moderator here. Nothing special about this site, still more reliable Ebay.
https://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?27609-Alfa-Data-Alfapower-500-Plus-A500-A500

Last edited:

dimfil

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Country
Greece
Region
Attiki
dimfil : Well, you've been lucky.
For me, no. One such user "Gordon" alias Gforce, sold me a defective HD Alfadata 500. Unable to recognize me simms modules. I have tried many, and different positions jumpers. This seller sent me new modules, but do not work, then he disappeared.
Nor has helped me moderator here. Nothing special about this site, still more reliable Ebay.
https://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?27609-Alfa-Data-Alfapower-500-Plus-A500-A500

Sorry to hear that...
Well, maybe I've been lucky so far, but the truth is that I have only positive things to tell about my transactions on Amibay, with the last one being the present thread and koxman being honest, responsive and willing to resolve the matter.
I have never been disappointed, and I have always been the buyer.
Let's hope that cases like yours will still remain the vast minority in the future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom