Not open for further replies.

Harrison

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
This is a 2 way manual switcher box to use one monitor and keyboard with 2 computers.

It is a metal box with a large rotary switch on the front, with the 2 positions labelled A and B. Originally puchased from Maplin.

On the back are 3 VGA monitor ports and 3 keyboard ports. You connect your monitor and keyboard to the middle ports, and then connect some male to male keyboard and VGA cables from the other 2 A and B ports to the 2 computers. Switching between the 2 systems is completely manual using the switch.

No cables are included, just the switcher box itself, so you will need to buy some male to male monitor and keyboard cables.

I've used this in the past to use one monitor between 2 computers and it has worked perfectly.

The keyboard ports are the old style 5 pin type so won't work with PS/2 keyboard connectors, although you could use adaptors. I bought it originally just for the monitor switching.

I'm offering this switcher box for Free + Shipping cost.

Harrison

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I'm having a bit of a nightmare with my central heating boiler. It has stopped working and I've had to wait in for plumbers, so I've not been able to find out postage costs yet.

Harrison

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
:LOL: Looks like it could be an expensive repair. Plumber said is the main control PCB and is currently getting a price for me. Anything from £60+ :(

Kin Hell

Banned
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
British Gas will cover you for £16 month. This includes all Labour & parts on your entire heating system & hot water. I'm sure it also includes pipework. ;)

Kin

Harrison

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
Yeah, we have decided to do that with British Gas as we don't want to have to pay large repair bills again. However I don't think joining it now will cover the repairs we currently need as it says in the details that the system needs to be working when you start the policy, and they come and inspect it.

Kin Hell

Banned
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
Thats quite right Harrison. They come out & inspect the whole system before they cover you. If any remedial work was required, they would have to correct it before they would cover you.
With boilers & spares prices being astronomical, coupled with Plumbers hourly rates thesedays (where do they get their ideas from :roll: ) you'd be daft not to do the British Gas scheme. You have already found out how hard it is to get a plumber too. Imagine if you live in a cold part of the UK. You don't want to be without Hot Water or Heating for how many days either.

Hope it all turns out okay for you. (y)

Kin

Harrison

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
Well, I did find a plumber that charges a fixed single payment of £60 to repair the boiler, so it doesn't go up by the hour and the only additional costs will be for the parts. He is coming again today at 11am, so hopefully it will be back up and running today. 4 days without heating or hot water now. It was -3 wednesday night in the house! We have borrowed an electric oil filled heater from my parents though, so it was a bit warmer last night.

Kin Hell

Banned
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
Aye Harrison. £60 will about cover his call out & a bi-metallic strip tops.
If its a Combi boiler , pumps can be as much as £300+ alone, depending on the brand/make.

Anyhoo, glad you managed to find alternative heat sources for your temporary situation.

Kin

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
Good to see you manage your heating problem.

Now, what's the shipment costs again?

Harrison

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
rkauer, we still don't have a working heating system as the parts are not arriving until Monday for him to fit. He was at the house Friday again and stripped the whole boiler down and tested everything to make sure it wasn't anything else before the part arrived. So I've still not had chance to get the shipping price for you. I will definitely get the price for you Tuesday (Monday I'm waiting in for the plumber again).

Harrison

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
Yesterday, Monday, the boiler was finally fixed! :)

It turned out to only be the display board, which was the cheaper £90 one, so in all it ended up costing £150. Could have been a lot more.

Anyway... back on topic...

Postage costs to Brazil.

The switcher itself weighs 482g as it is metal. And packed up ready to post will be about 630g. The cheapest I can find for this is Royal Mail Surface Mail Small Packets, which comes to £4.28. If you can find a cheaper alternative postage method please let me know.

Harrison

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
Indeed. The plumbers went out their way to sort it out for us too. After thinking it was most likely one of the PCBs that needed replacing, they thought the supplier was charging too much. So they looked for another supplier who could do the part cheaper, and who would offer a return if it turned out not to be the problem.

Harrison

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
Slight delay in posting this to you as I've not been home. It is now packed up and will be posted tomorrow for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom