23 way D-Type plug or socket

imnogeek

Country
UK
Region
Midlands
IIRC you Amiga fans have problems finding 23 way D-Type connectors.

I have a supplier who claims to have both plug and socket "Solder Buckets"

I was thinking of getting a couple when I order later today and putting them on Amibay at cost.

Which is most usefull plug or socket?? or should I not bother.

Gary

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
@IMG

my friend - when it comes to Amiga ports its all about love :inlove:

23pin male connectors can be used for the Amiga Floppy Drive connector
Amiga Ext Drive Port said:
A unique girl looking for a for a boy to share life with -

must have 23 pins, be able to take +5v of abuse and be able to acknowledge when RDY,
for the right boy can share with friends =)

23pin female connectors can be used for the Amiga Video Port
Amiga Video Port said:
lookng for a serious relationship from a unique girl to share life with -

must have 23 socket, be able to use either +12 or +5v, and a cuddly wide bandwidth, must also be able to handle composite or into Horizontal and Vertial phase swapping - looking for someone who I can sync (on green) my life with - can be digital or analouge

For those that want to make thier own Amiga to RGB (CPbPr) SCART would need a 23pin female connector

For those that want to make thier own external floppy drive they would need a 23pin male connector

if you do make an order (pending on thier price) can I have 4 male and 4 female connectors =D

yeah.... i need to get out more...

imnogeek

Country
UK
Region
Midlands
have been in touch with supplier and they have not got the female/socket in stock :Doh:

So I shall order a couple of male/plug ones to put on Amibay, they cost £2.69 each (qty up to 10) then £2.50 each if I order 10-24, I know it is a little steep but I understand they are not that easy to find.

Do you want 4 adding to the order Zetr0?

does any else want some?? I need to know in the next couple of hours if you do (I will order about 6.30pm GMT)

Gary

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
Damn! You really got my hopes you there as the female connectors are very hard to locate. If you do manage to source any female ones I will definitely be interested, so I can make up some video cables.

I'm always asking myself where companies like Amigakit source theirs from as they always have Amiga scart cables available, made to order. They must be getting them from somewhere!

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
Some external floppy units have a passtrough connector you can butcher. Remember just to sack the conector. I'm not a fan of dismantle good Amiga hardware for nothing.

Top Bottom