Confused retro man
VIP
Rating - 100%
503   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Nottingham
I have 2x Belkin Wireless G Gaming Adapters.
I bought these for 2 of my xbmc xbox consoles to stream movies around the home wirelesly.
They basically plug into any RJ45 network socket and convert it to run wireless.
Although they work perfectly at getting my consoles online and also on 2 pc's i've used them on they didn't do so well at the streaming.
They are both practically new and come with all cables and software that was shipped with them and are in their original boxes.

I am asking £10 each plus p&p.

Mike

**1 sold to Fitzsteve, 1 remaining**

Pic

wga.JPG

Last edited:

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
1037   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Thinking of getting a network card for my A4000 which is a room with no internet connection, do you think somthing like Amigakits X-Surf could plug into this and give me a wireless connection?

Cheers,

Steve.

scrappysphinx

Confused retro man
VIP
Rating - 100%
503   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Nottingham
To be honest steve i couldn't say with any honesty but as the device connects wirelessly to the router and the router assigns it an ip address its doing all the work and just passing the traffic through to the nic card so i wouldn't see why it wouldn't work.
I'm sure someone more technical might be able to offer some more insight though.

Mike

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
1037   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
To be honest steve i couldn't say with any honesty but as the device connects wirelessly to the router and the router assigns it an ip address its doing all the work and just passing the traffic through to the nic card so i wouldn't see why it wouldn't work.
I'm sure someone more technical might be able to offer some more insight though.

Mike

Thanks Mike, its pretty tempting, whats the P&P on this? Cheapest carrier Pigeon, Cattle Class, ect... :)

Cheers.

AmiNeo

CodeMonkey
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Kendal, Cumbria
As an IT and network tech (although early in his career) i can say with 99.9% certainty that these will work provided you have an ethernet network card with an RJ45 port and the TCP/IP protocol installed on your amiga.

Only other thing you may need is a web browser to configure it but this could arguably be done on a PC before hand.

Only reason im not 100% is that ive never tried networking an amiga, but if you can run it wired there shouldnt be any problems.

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
1037   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Thanks AmiNeo, I'm willing to take the chance - so long as postage is not too high, 2nd class or standard parcel service will do for me (y)

Steve.

PS. I don't have the network card yet lol, but I guess it would be an X-Surf which has an RJ-45 port...

AmiNeo

CodeMonkey
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Kendal, Cumbria
Yup, that should work fine on 10-base-T (the older version of 100-base-tx which most cards use these days in home computers, theyre backwards compatible and use an 'autonegotiate' feature to sync speeds).

Make sure you get software to install the TCP/IP protocol on the amiga too, it will hopefully come with the adaptor.

Xanxi

AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
141   0   0
Country
France
Region
Paris
Hi.
Please note me next in line. I would also like to know the shipping cost to France.
Thanks.
:)

scrappysphinx

Confused retro man
VIP
Rating - 100%
503   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Nottingham
Thanks for the interest guys.

I'll be passing the post office tomorrow morning on my way to the doctors so i'll find the cheapest method of shipping for both of you.

@Xanxi, I'm selling two of these devices and i believe Fitzsteve is only interested in one of them (Could you confirm please Steve) so your first in line for the second one.

Mike

Xanxi

AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
141   0   0
Country
France
Region
Paris
Thanks for the interest guys.

I'll be passing the post office tomorrow morning on my way to the doctors so i'll find the cheapest method of shipping for both of you.

@Xanxi, I'm selling two of these devices and i believe Fitzsteve is only interested in one of them (Could you confirm please Steve) so your first in line for the second one.

Mike

Well, i believed that both of them are needed to connect an amiga.

Amiga--Belkin Wireless --------------------Belkin Wireless--DSL Modem/NAT

How does it work with one? I have bought some weeks ago that kind of hotspot and i could'nt connect it to my internet box as the wireless bridge mode was not compatible, and another identical hotspot was required.

AmiNeo

CodeMonkey
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Kendal, Cumbria
If you already have a wireless router it should be possible to configure it to connect to that. Much like configuring an access point.

All the info you need to do this should be in the manual.

:coffee: lol

Xanxi

AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
141   0   0
Country
France
Region
Paris
Believe me, i have already try everything i can but it does not work, as my routeur is also my modem, called Freebox from our french ISP Free. I could only establish a bridge between two identical access point (if of course they are compatible with the bridge mode).

AmiNeo

CodeMonkey
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Kendal, Cumbria
hmm, thats odd, theres no reason why they shouldnt... Do they by anychance have a switching mode? set them up as 2 wireless switches?

We had some cheapo chinese access points at my last employer and they wouldnt work in bridging mode either. but when set to switching mode they had no trouble.

I do recall spending a good 3 or 4 hours figuring it out though.

scrappysphinx

Confused retro man
VIP
Rating - 100%
503   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Nottingham
@Xanxi, only 1 is required.
You basically connect it to your pc, run the software disc which connects the device to your router (much the same way as connecting using a wifi dongle or PCI Wifi Card). Once thats all done you just unplug it from the computer and plug it into whichever device you'd like to be wireless.
If really is just a basic wifi dongle but instead of being usb its RJ45. Well thats the way i see it lol

Mike

AmiNeo

CodeMonkey
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Kendal, Cumbria
@Xanxi, only 1 is required.
You basically connect it to your pc, run the software disc which connects the device to your router (much the same way as connecting using a wifi dongle or PCI Wifi Card). Once thats all done you just unplug it from the computer and plug it into whichever device you'd like to be wireless.
If really is just a basic wifi dongle but instead of being usb its RJ45. Well thats the way i see it lol

Mike

If its that simple then there shouldnt be any problems atall.

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
1037   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Hi, pretty sure I'll only need one :)

So there should be one for you Xanxi (y)

Steve.

AmiNeo

CodeMonkey
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Kendal, Cumbria
Sorry Xanxi I misread your earlier post about the trouble you had with the 1 you'd bought.
Some wireless routers allow easy setup of stuff like this, but sadly a lot of the ones you get with broadband connections have it hidden away or are too basic in their software to impliment wireless bridging in any form. Same goes for access points 'hot spots' and wireless switches, which will sometimes make you buy 2 identical ones with the idea of creating a wireless space between 2 sections of a network.

With these howoever, all you should need is your home wireless router broadcasting its name (SSID) so devices such as laptops can see it in order to connect and you should be able to log into the device and scan your router down in a similar fashion as would on a laptop connecting to a new wireless network. (y)

AmiNeo

CodeMonkey
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Kendal, Cumbria
In the interests of the sale for the seller...

BUMP!

Everyone withdrew interest ???

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
1037   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Still not hear back regarding P&P, I'm still happy to take one if they're available :)

scrappysphinx

Confused retro man
VIP
Rating - 100%
503   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Nottingham
@Thread, apologies for being so slow with this, my wife has been signed off work due to cracking her pelvis and being unable to walk.
Therefore i've spent the last few weeks back and forth to the hospital but i'm off to the post office today so i'll get a quote for you Steve.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom