Wanted 3.2 ROMs for A4000T

JHanna

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Northern Ireland
Hi. I don't fancy running 3.1.22.1.2.2.1.2 or whatever the latest confusing version is now, I'm happy with 3.9, but I'd like to be able to eliminate the SetPatch reboot that enables larger hard disks >4GB. So hopefully someone can sell me some kind of ROMs that will allow this.

Or if anyone has any better ideas then please let me know.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Boing-ball

AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Country
United Kingdom
Region
London
Hi. I don't fancy running 3.1.22.1.2.2.1.2 or whatever the latest confusing version is now, I'm happy with 3.9, but I'd like to be able to eliminate the SetPatch reboot that enables larger hard disks >4GB. So hopefully someone can sell me some kind of ROMs that will allow this.

Or if anyone has any better ideas then please let me know.

Thank you.
To legally have 3.2 ROMs you need to buy the Officially Licensed Hyperion 3.2 CD. These have all the ROM files. If you have something like a Blizzard/DCE accelerator like a 1230 then you can use Blizkick to put the ROM file into FastRAM and above or an Apollo 1230 or above you can use RemApollo to do the same. Or buy the Hyperion 3.2CD pack and ROMs from a notable seller. Or get a TL866 Programmer and some AmD or Hitachi EPROMs and burn your own sets..
The issue you will then have is that OS3.9 will still run SetPatch unless you then update OS3.9.

Reputable seller of Hyperion set:

Whatever you do. don’t try it on by trying to knock the price down 😉

JHanna

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Northern Ireland
And surely the SkipROMupdates argument will stop Setpatch from rebooting? If I remember correctly. It's been 20 years since I've used an Amiga.

Tahoe

Collector Extrodinaire
AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Country
The Netherlands
Region
Wilnis
I wouldn't recommend mixing 3.2 with 3.9 and then skipping ROM updates. OS3.9 is a bit of a bundled up set of patches; it might run fine, but could also have quite undesired effects.

The ROM's aren't sold seperate I think, it's part of the before mentioned OS3.2 CD. But some (most?) sellers will offer the service of burning a set when buying.

For instance Sordan do: https://sordan.ie/product/870/amiga-workbench-os-32-cd--kickstart-rom-322-for-amiga-4000t/

Boing-ball

AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Country
United Kingdom
Region
London
I wouldn't recommend mixing 3.2 with 3.9 and then skipping ROM updates. OS3.9 is a bit of a bundled up set of patches; it might run fine, but could also have quite undesired effects.

The ROM's aren't sold seperate I think, it's part of the before mentioned OS3.2 CD. But some (most?) sellers will offer the service of burning a set when buying.

For instance Sordan do: https://sordan.ie/product/870/amiga-workbench-os-32-cd--kickstart-rom-322-for-amiga-4000t/
No problems here with 3.9 BB 1-4 then upgrade to 3.2.2.1 with 3.2.2 ROMs. Already mentioned the correct route above about 3.2 ROMs. OP looking for just the ROMs it appears. You can just buy 3.9 ROMs on EBay if you can find them.. Still a grey area.

JHanna

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Northern Ireland
I just want to be able to boot into a large partition. Went and ordered 3.2.2 anyway. We'll see if it's any use. Loathe thought of lining Hermans pockets after everything he's done.

Top Bottom