3DS Flashcarts - A little help please

User4703

Deactivated
Deactivated
Country
UK
Region
Newcastle
I'm totally out of the loop when it comes to things like this so I was wondering if someone who knows about them could point me in the right direction. Whats the best card and do I have to look out for any particular firmware on the 3DS console? Also is there any faffing around and patching that you had to do like with the GBA back in the days with its SRAM and all that?

Thanks.

ej2095

Country
UK
Region
Tipton, West Midlands
google sky3ds. my lad has one works fine :-0

User4703

Deactivated
Deactivated
Country
UK
Region
Newcastle
Top man, that does seem to be the most plug and play one without any hassle. Do you need any kind of specific firmware for that one or does it work perfectly on all models (I'm looking at buying a New 3DS)?

Thanks.

ej2095

Country
UK
Region
Tipton, West Midlands
As far as i know works with all current firmwares but things can change

Arnie

Country
UK
Region
Leicester
Make sure you buy the one with the blue button (rev2) (it can store more games)

User4703

Deactivated
Deactivated
Country
UK
Region
Newcastle
Many thanks lads, aside from the 3D Mario games what else would you recommend? I can't believe there is no F Zero game on the 3DS, that was one of the main titles I was expecting to have on the console as it would be amazing to play in 3D.

-Acid-

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
South Shields
Zelda is amazing, i'm playing through it now. If you liked Zelda on the snes you will love this one.

User4703

Deactivated
Deactivated
Country
UK
Region
Newcastle
Zelda is amazing, i'm playing through it now. If you liked Zelda on the snes you will love this one.

Nice tip, that looks quite nice.

Do the 3DS games look as pixelated in real life as they do when watching them on youtube/screenshots?

-Acid-

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
South Shields

Nice tip, that looks quite nice.

Do the 3DS games look as pixelated in real life as they do when watching them on youtube/screenshots?

Zelda is the only 3DS game i've played so far and looks beautiful on screen, i'm not sure how they are capping the footage on youtube (direct camera or is there an emu out?) but it's nothing like the real hardware. Oh i've got a 2DS, not sure on the 3D effect as that doesn't interest me which is why I bought the cheaper model.

Last edited:

owen2471

Country
england
Region
Sandwell
I maybe getting a sky card. I've used the gateway but with the messing about it isn't ideal. Plug n play and drag n drop is the way to go.

ej2095

Country
UK
Region
Tipton, West Midlands
You have to use there sd card formatter tool as well that can be picky with certain makes and of microsd card... i use sandisk and they seem fine but google for the info as i dont know my self

Top Bottom