Pyongyang

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Country
Ireland
Region
Dublin
Hi all,

I am looking for any 80 track floppy drives. Anything will do, although if you have a TEAC FD-55GFR or any of the following, that would be great too:

Chinon, FZ-506, Rev. F, 1990
Epson, SD-600
Matsushita, JU-475-3EAF
NEC, FD1157C
Newtronics (Mitsumi), D509, V2, 1989
Newtronics (Mitsumi), D509, V3, 1989
Panasonic, JU-475-4AK0
Tandon, TM75-8
Teac, FD-55GFR

The TEAC FD-55GFR is the main one I would love to get. Any of the others would be just as good though. Or any other drive you may have that is 80 tracks (not looking for 40 track drives). Must be in working condition, or if you can't test any disks, it should power on. Not fussed about cables etc but welcome anyway, especially if any drives you have use some sort of proprietary connection.

Apologies if I am slow to respond, such is life with a new baby! Thanks everyone. :)

Pyongyang

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Country
Ireland
Region
Dublin
Thanks all. PM's answered. @Junior WOW! That thing looks wild! What were you using it with? I don't think it is of use to me as I need an IDE connection, not the one on the enclosure you have (unless the drive could be easily removed from the enclosure perhaps).

Not looking to spend a great deal, mainly due to the unreliability of these drives. But if anyone has any going cheap with a bit of postage that would be great! I am basically trying to hook these up and dump some floppy disks and share them. :)

Thanks everyone!

Dr_Diesel

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Country
Ireland
Region
Galway
The drive in Junior's post looks like an Amiga 5.25" drive, I have one of those as well. Is has an ordinary PC 80 track drive in it (in my case a Teac FD55GFR :) ). But the connection to the Amiga connector is soldered on unfortunately on mine so it would take a bit of work to desolder it and use it as a PC drive. Maybe Junior could take some pics of the inside and it may well be a Teac unit in there.

Last edited:

jeancj73

Jean C.J.
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Country
Belgium
Region
Oost vlaanderen
TEAC

TEAC

Hi

Check out http://users.telenet.be/jeancj/. I got several different 5.25" drives.
I have a TEAC drive without enclosure. It is a TEAC FD-55FV-13-U
Let me know if interested

Jean

Hi all,

I am looking for any 80 track floppy drives. Anything will do, although if you have a TEAC FD-55GFR or any of the following, that would be great too:

Chinon, FZ-506, Rev. F, 1990
Epson, SD-600
Matsushita, JU-475-3EAF
NEC, FD1157C
Newtronics (Mitsumi), D509, V2, 1989
Newtronics (Mitsumi), D509, V3, 1989
Panasonic, JU-475-4AK0
Tandon, TM75-8
Teac, FD-55GFR

The TEAC FD-55GFR is the main one I would love to get. Any of the others would be just as good though. Or any other drive you may have that is 80 tracks (not looking for 40 track drives). Must be in working condition, or if you can't test any disks, it should power on. Not fussed about cables etc but welcome anyway, especially if any drives you have use some sort of proprietary connection.

Apologies if I am slow to respond, such is life with a new baby! Thanks everyone. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom