HypnusBE
Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
WANTED: 50 PIN SCSI CABLE AND TERMINATION

Willing to pay a reasonable amount win = win.

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Rating - 100%
232   0   0
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu
@Jurgen

I've got a 50-pin SCSI cable with Passive termination on the end, can't remember how many 50 Pin connectors but it is more than 2 :D
FLB kindly sent it to me 2 years ago from AUS but I did not have to use it in the end.

Same as you it is somewhere in my house, hope to god I can find it.

Will get back later to you, would be happy to just trade it for the keys we spoke about via PM.

TC :)

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Rating - 100%
232   0   0
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu
Found it !!!!!! :LOL:

See the piccy...It has 4x 50Pin females & the Black block on the end is the passive terminator.

TBH if you don't want to go to all this trouble then just use a std 50Pin SCSI cable & stick a SCSI CD on the end & set the term jumper to on.
That's what I ended up doing & it all worked fine (y)

Let me know if you want the cable.

Attachments

• SCSI-Termination.jpg
    SCSI-Termination.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 2

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
Would like the cable, it is also long, but it has termination.

Give me the amount to transfer for the cable + shipping. And your paypal acount.

---------- Post added at 12:11 ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 ----------

Oh Tc, please don't forget the pic for the 128 pieces I pm'd you about it.

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Rating - 100%
232   0   0
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu
Oh Tc, please don't forget the pic for the 128 pieces I pm'd you about it.

Didn't receive a PM requesting a pic my friend, :unsure:

The SCSI cable is yours, I'm happy to send it to you totally FOC including the postage if you are happy to trade the same for the C128 bits ;)

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
TC,

I am very happy with it, I even wan't to add some eu.

I was wondering why you did not respond, and offer me a scsi cable later on, but it might be me, pushing the wrong button, so let's not waste time on that matter.

I'll just hyjack a little to get to the point:

The key's are already removed they are ok, exept it is not 5/$ but 5/% sorry can't do anything about that one :Doh: Maybe you need to have the complete numbered row? Removing them was rather easy..

You had a request about some keyboard internals it would be nice to have a pic what it is about.. I noticed some blue parts, but I wan't to know for sure, so it would be nice to put a pic online with some paint on the other wanted parts.

They are also interconnected with plastics, do I need to cut?

Thanks for letting me now! And it's not to much to ask...

---------- Post added at 13:12 ---------- Previous post was at 13:11 ----------

You are right, I messed up. I can't find a send item to you!

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Rating - 100%
232   0   0
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu
Jurgen

You are correct my friend the key is 5 / % :Doh:

Have a re-read of the PM I sent you a few days ago, slowly & maybe twice, I knew it may be difficult due to our languages so I tried to describe the "Inserts" or Blue moving parts clearly.

The Cable is yours with free postage my friend, really don't need extra eu, I'm glad the cable will be going to good use at last..

TC ;)

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
Ok, so we only need a picy what you wan't if it's difficult for you I can take one, I'll be in in photoclub this evening anyway. It's difficult to understand , but hey better finish it co complete, it would be a shame to throuw it out without good use.

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Rating - 100%
232   0   0
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu
Here comes the Piccy my friend.

You can see the missing springs & Keys...
Also note on the Grey function key row the snapped Blue Inserts to mount the grey keycaps & springs onto.... You will need to remove the PCB from the keyboard to get these inserts...

BTW the Cat wanted her photo taken too :LOL:

Attachments

• C128.jpg
    C128.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Artemis.jpg
    Artemis.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 1

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
Ok, will have another look, I get what you wan't, will practice since there are more then enough :D That will be done probably on thursday, maybe today.

The missing keys are already ready to ship. I did not had the impression yesterday the inserts were removable.. But proably I missed something..

---------- Post added at 14:56 ---------- Previous post was at 14:55 ----------

Oo sorry to say it's a nice cat, but it looks a little bored. Buy her something to play with:D

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Rating - 100%
190   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
@TC

Awww! Look at her! She's so cute!!!

... The cat's kinda cute as well. :wink:

Seriously though, a beautiful kitty. :)

Heather

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Rating - 100%
232   0   0
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu
Jurgen my Friend...

I think you got it spot on.....(y)

Just need to double check that it is the "Right >" pointing arrow grey key when the key is held the right way up, can't be 100% from the picture angle but it looks like the right one....:bowdown:

Those Blue thingies were a pain to describe but we got there in the end....

I thank you so much again for your efforts, it must have taken some time to strip the keyboard down....

Anyway I'm still awaiting you to PM me your full address so I can post the cable to you, I have it here ready & packed :nod:

Again, Many Thanks & I'm so happy to be able to help you out with the cable, my pleasure.

Best Wishes

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
I am happy to help you with the keyboard to.. I don't like big solder jobs, but a little screw /unscrew is not to much to ask..

No it did not take much time to get it, the grey keys got loose with my hands, (best feeling what doing) The 4 and 5 have a little damage (not to see when fitted, I put a screwdriver under one side, while putting pressure on the other side to have the inner side protected from braking) I did not find my key removal tool, have it somewhere from old repair day's. I remember getting key's for compaq laptops to make qwerty azerty etc.. (not the most fun job to do)

The back was loose rather fast, I only got confused a little since the plastics are all connected and was tired and gave up.. They just fell out when having another look today:D 4 pieces ok?

But it was a good learning experience for future repairs.

It's the right arrow, since that one is missing on the orginal keyboard. I would advice a key puller for a complete keyboard honestly..

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Rating - 100%
232   0   0
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu
Good to go my friend.

Got your address by PM , Will send cable out to you Sat AM...

Best Wishes
TC (y)

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
Tc,

Thank you very much, as promised, I'll send the key's first thing in the morning.

They are in a bag on my passenger seat, where all the stuff gets I need to do next day. (and I do every piece)

Thanks!

ps: probably will need that cable, will update appropriate post

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
The envelope is send, it's not the most nice package, but I wanted to make sure it arrives..And used what was around to get it done.. It is in a plastic bag, then bubbles, then a cut envelope, then some tape around it.

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
The envelope is send, it's not the most nice package, but I wanted to make sure it arrives..And used what was around to get it done.. It is in a plastic bag, then bubbles, then a cut envelope, then some tape around it.

Good man!!

It sounds like TC may need a hacksaw and blow torch to get into that parcel....:LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom