500+ yellow screen????

britlord

Country
usa
Region
Michigan
Guys. I getting a 500+ that boots to a yellow screen. What should I look for, so I can fix it...

dougal

AmiBayer
Country
Malta
Hi, it means somethings probably up with the CPU.

It probably might need to be re-seated or simply pressed down into place. Does your 500+ still have the original battery ?

roy_bates

resistance is futile!
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
england
Region
birmingham
first thing i would do is this:

carefully inspect all the ic's and sockets for corrosion around the cpu,rom,agnus,cias,and gary...then/and inspect for battery leakage/corrosion around the 74 logic just below gary on the memory path.

Last edited:

mjnurney

we live as we dream. Alone.
Country
england
Region
Milton Keynes
classic battery damage...sadly , green screen is a fav too

britlord

Country
usa
Region
Michigan
Hi, it means somethings probably up with the CPU.

It probably might need to be re-seated or simply pressed down into place. Does your 500+ still have the original battery ?

I sure that it will have the original battery (Which I will have to remove) Though, I thought that a leaking battery causes a black screen...

- - - Updated - - -

Ok I'll do that. Thanks.. Oh I thought that a leaking battery caused a black screen...

Last edited:

dougal

AmiBayer
Country
Malta
Leaking battery can show up as a black screen, green screen, yellow etc... depends on which lines are damaged.

Right now its all speculation. You need to receive it and take a look for damaged tracks around the battery area as others have said. The damage could be anything from very very little to a lot.

Top Bottom