r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire
I am beset on all sides by misfortune on the run up to r3play!

I've been sorting out 4 machines that I'm taking to r3play at the request of the organisers and three have developed faults!
My 600's floppy drive and CF card decided to fail which wasn't a huge problem but did take up a bit of time setting up all over again.
My 1200 PPC, is an ongoing tale of woe, from a failed IDE cable, blown fan, and a keyboard interface that decided it would like to chuck a wobbler. Coupled with an OS3.9 installation that singularly refuses to play ball with my Bvision and Warp3d, and is now less stable than a smack addict on a lilo.
Now my C64, which I have spent the last 3 days setting up the MMC Replay for, has decided to chuck it's hat in the ring as well!
As I was putting the finishing touches to the games listing and having a quick go of Street surfer, the sound suddenly decided to go!
In all probability this means the SID chip has gasped it's last, but I welcome any other possible explanations.
So, I ask, does anyone have a spare SID chip they would consider parting with?

At least my Speccy is still working Ok, for now. :Doh:

Last edited:

bber

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Country
Finland
I've got some spares for you. Some 6581, one R4 6581 (Most probably dead) and 8580 (have to check what actual items i got). Not wise to buy them from far here, but how about swap for something?

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire
Thanks for the offer but I'm all sorted now. :)

I had a good root about in the loft and dug out a spare mobo with fully functioning SID chip. Swap out is now complete and all ready to rock and roll. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom