d0pefish

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Country
England
Region
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
This may be a long shot but, worth a try :(

Just set the C64 in my new place to test out with the 1541U-II cartridge I've being waiting 6 months for only to find, to my dismay, that my SID chip has blown :(

Does anyone have any spare who would be willing to let them go for a small fee? If worst comes to worst I'll have to resort to the usual price-gorging on eBay, but finances aren't being kind to me at the moment having just moved flats, hence the shameful plea for help. :unsure:

Your chips will going going to a very good cause; to someone who actively uses a C64 for music work and not just for tarting about. I wanted to try and get some tunes worked on in time for the next scene party I attend but it looks like this may not be the case unless a kind soul can help out.

With very best regards and many thanks :)

-d0pe

d0pefish

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Country
England
Region
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Ah jimbob :) I remember you helped me out with the STe bits some time ago (still doing great, thanks for that).

Cheers for the reply, is it a breadbin C64? If so, how much would you want for it to be posted? I can always do with spare machines :)

Thanks again for the reply mate. (y)

d0pefish

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Country
England
Region
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Thanks, jvdbossc - in fact I will (very) gratefully accept as much as people are willing for me to have - ideally two would be great as it would allow me to use a SID2SID stereo board that has been waiting to go into the machine for quite some time!

hikey

Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Country
Bristol, UK
Region
avon
I have a load of untested 6581 chips (I think they're remarked ones, not sure). You're welcome to come and collect them if you want them (i'm in North Bristol)

d0pefish

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Country
England
Region
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Ooh, yes please hikey - may I collect them tonight at all? :D

Definately worth a try, remarked or not.

I'm based east of Bristol, in Fishponds - would you like to PM me your address and a time that's convenient for you? :)

Thanks mate.

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Rating - 100%
190   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
@d0pefish

Sorry to hear about your SID chip. :( Your message made me go look at my order status on the 1541U-II and it looks like it shipped! I'm very excited. :D

Good luck on the new SID.

Heather

d0pefish

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Country
England
Region
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Thanks SkyivinGirl,

I'm sure you will be as delighted with the 1541U-II as I am, it arrived in a very professionally packed box with cable, card and instruction leaflet - superbly put together. I have my card loaded up with the HVSC and some demos, but can't hear anything yet! :(

Hopefully I can get the breadbin singing again soon :)

d0pefish

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Country
England
Region
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
:Doh: Damn! Sorry for the typo, it wasn't intentional! :roll: been one of those days! :LOL:

I've just brought home hikey's generously donated box of remarked SIDs, there's so many of them that finding a good one could be a challenge... and some may not even be SIDs (risky!)

I'm a little hopeful, as I've found two so far that make noise, but have broken filters. I'll spend a few hours testing, I think - failing that I may come back to ask for further help (y)

d0pefish

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Country
England
Region
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Well guys, having tested about 40-odd or so chips, I still haven't found a fully working one :(

Pretty much all of them are defective in some way. Most have no filters or very distorted or faulty filters, others have broken oscillators, others prevent the machine from starting up! :(

I'm extremely grateful to hikey for allowing me to have a go with them, and feel really sorry for him that he bought all these to find they're remarked rejects or defective components. I don't really care about the remarking, but sadly they're pretty much all broken.

I could carry on testing but it's very tedious and I think I'll end up stumbling on a particularly lethal chip that might even fry something else - the cases where the machine wouldn't boot were pretty scary :ninja:

Again- thanks hikey, it was well worth a try and a pleasure meeting you. :)

Does your offer still stand, jvdbossc? :bowdown:

Cheers :)

jimbob005

AmiBayer
Rating - 91.7%
11   1   0
Country
swadlincote,uk
Region
swadlincote
Ah jimbob :) I remember you helped me out with the STe bits some time ago (still doing great, thanks for that).

Cheers for the reply, is it a breadbin C64? If so, how much would you want for it to be posted? I can always do with spare machines :)

Thanks again for the reply mate. (y)

hi mate its the one that looks like an amiga if it help??

d0pefish

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Country
England
Region
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Ah, that's the C64C mate which has a different model sound chip that won't work in my old "breadbin" C64.

Thanks anyway, it's much appreciated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom