Status
Not open for further replies.

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
I am a little confused & hoping someone can offer some help. I'm trying to get hold of several 128Mb 72 Pin SIMM's for my A1200 Accelerators. The SIMM's I have my eye on state they are 5v & 3.3v compatible?
I have the Manual for the Apollo 1260 & the Blizzard MKIV & yet there is no reference as to the voltage requirements of the SIMM's to be employed. Tbh, I thought 72 Pin SIMM's were all the same Voltage & the only differences were SIMM's with Parity (36bits), aka EDO.

The advert reads as "16-Chip non parity, Double Sided, 60 n s, 32Mx32, EDO, 5V and 3.3V"?

I can't see how they can be EDO when they have no Parity.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :thanks:

Kin

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
@Kinnie

Most 3.3v compliant 72pins are 5volt tollerant, I will say that NOT ALL, so its always best to doulble check.

EDO (Extended Data Out) is just a method of calling data on the back of a refresh, Parity is just another check bit in the pattern, very few things support parity SIMMS of that age.

you can have Parity on any SIMM type, albiet FPM or EDO, its just the matter of adding an extra chip to act as parity.

Generally speaking, if you RAM stick has an odd number of chips each side then this is a Parity Capable SIMM.

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
Also all Amiga accelerators use 5V only SIMMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom