pedrorq

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Country
Ireland
Region
Galway
Hi,

We're running the Kick Off 2 World Cup in Dublin, Ireland this year and we're a bit short on A500s. Between what we organizers have, and what a few of the participants are bringing, we're 2-5 short.

We're looking to acquire a few more, as long as they work - aesthetics don't matter (yellow keys, dead leds), as long as it's working, keyboard works and both joystick plugs :)

We'll naturally also consider A1200 but the natural higher price may make our purchase more difficult, as our budget can only stretch so far :) I don't think we're interested in A600 because the game uses the keypad for Player 2 tactics.

If anyone's interested in knowing more about the event, it's been running since 2001 and has been hosted in the UK, Greece, Netherlands, Italy, Germany, Austria, Denmark and now Ireland: http://alkis.org/ecups.html

Thanks in advance!
Pedro

Last edited:

roy_bates

resistance is futile!
AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
104   0   0
Country
england
Region
birmingham
ill have a quick look in storage in a couple of days(cant at the mo as im going to go and pick up a cub),what do you mean by connecting to a crt?

do you mean cables?,as that i need all mine and its worth noting some crts use different cables on the monitors,i know because i have more than a few.
if you mean tv through rgb,you can get the cables off ebay...

Last edited:

pedrorq

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Country
Ireland
Region
Galway
ill have a quick look in storage in a couple of days(cant at the mo as im going to go and pick up a cub),what do you mean by connecting to a crt?

do you mean cables?,as that i need all mine and its worth noting some crts use different cables on the monitors,i know because i have more than a few.
if you mean tv through rgb,you can get the cables off ebay...

My bad - I don't have an A500 so I'm not sure what "video" connectivities it has, but depending on whether we get A500s or A1200s, we can worry about that later - most of what we got so far are indeed CRT TVs so if we need A520 modulators we can get a few later.

Edited my original post to make things "clearer" :)

- - - Updated - - -

With floppy drives yes, we're trying to keep it simple (cheap ;) ).

We have a few problems with renting or borrowing. The first one, which we felt already, are people from outside Ireland who have committed lending us their Amigas, and then after a month or so they say "oh sorry, we can't after all". We've been organizing this World Cup since March and it has happened twice already :) The second is, the price of returning the hardware to the owner. Often the price of postage is just about the same as buying an A500 and simply keep it :)

Thanks for the offer though!

With Floppy Drives ?
Or Goteks ?

Maybe you could borrow/rent some (mine) ?

jumpinjackson

AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Berkshire
Would 3 x A600 work?

Would 3 x A600 work?

Hi,

I have 3 x A600 (Kickstart 2.0), each including:
- Mouse
- Power brick
- RGB to SCART cable

Each unit has been tested for:
- Power
- Video
- Sound
- Floppy drive
- Keyboard
- Joystick
- Mouse
- IDE

Send me a pm if you're interested.

pedrorq

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Country
Ireland
Region
Galway
Hi,

Thanks but we can't use A600 as we need the keypad (player 2 substitutions).

Thanks anyway!

Hi,

I have 3 x A600 (Kickstart 2.0), each including:
- Mouse
- Power brick
- RGB to SCART cable

Each unit has been tested for:
- Power
- Video
- Sound
- Floppy drive
- Keyboard
- Joystick
- Mouse
- IDE

Send me a pm if you're interested.

fatkitty

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Leeds, West Yorkshire
I have an A500 plus with modded gotek drive that I never use. Bought it just to play moonstone! Do you have any trades?

pedrorq

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Country
Ireland
Region
Galway
No trades I'm afraid, we're trying to stock up :) And we'd rather not have modded A500s to save on price :) Thanks!

I have an A500 plus with modded gotek drive that I never use. Bought it just to play moonstone! Do you have any trades?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom