A girls guide to geeks

arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
I know three, my mom, my sister and my girlfriend. They've all gotten it. So the running total informed females is now 53. :p

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
OMG!!!

its advocating Open Season on GEEKS!!!!

we are doomed.... DOOOMED I SAY....

hang on.... I am already married..... phewww..... close call.....

Brian

AmiBayer
Country
USA
Region
Kentucky
I just forwarded to my wife. She already knew all of this, though, as this is how we got together. :D

Not sure I know any other females...

arnljot

Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
Running total is 54 then. Z, if you inform your wife we'll be counint 55!

arnljot

Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
I once worked with an Irish girl who was totally into Star Trek, The office, gadgets and all things geeks.

She was wonderful, but it was just a fun day dream :) LOL, I'm happy with Bente, even though she doesn't like sci-fi, infact she disliked it to begin with. My dream is that she'll one day ask "Arnljot, can you start an episode of Voyager please darling?". Imagine that... I managed to make her like the new series of V, so I'm slowly getting there :)

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
Okies Arnljot you can add two more to the running total - infact you could auto-add SdG as she lives here on AmiBay =)

arnljot

Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
Running total is 56 :-D

Btw, I don't think SdG needs that info, she has it in her DNA. Providing her with that manual is probably like giving Chuck Norris a manual on how to do @$$ kicking.

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
Btw, I don't think SdG needs that info, she has it in her DNA. Providing her with that manual is probably like giving Chuck Norris a manual on how to do @$$ kicking.
LOL! Maybe I'm the one who wrote it. :wink: I could be a ghost writer. :D

Just kidding, but you can add me to the list. :)

Heather

AmiNeo

CodeMonkey
Country
UK
Region
Kendal, Cumbria
I once worked with an Irish girl who was totally into Star Trek, The office, gadgets and all things geeks.

She was wonderful, but it was just a fun day dream :) LOL, I'm happy with Bente, even though she doesn't like sci-fi, infact she disliked it to begin with. My dream is that she'll one day ask "Arnljot, can you start an episode of Voyager please darling?". Imagine that... I managed to make her like the new series of V, so I'm slowly getting there :)

Lol, I think its every nerdy guys dream to meet and fall inlove with a female nerd. I can certainly vouch for that...

They're bloody hard to find though! :(

Shoonay

Global Caturator
Country
Poland
Region
Kaczyce
At least we know THEY EXIST! :wooha:

(see 2 posts above, lol)

AmiNeo

CodeMonkey
Country
UK
Region
Kendal, Cumbria
Unfortunately for us though, (atleast the ones of us that are unmarried) theyre about as common as a Commodore 65 in PCWORLD.

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
Well the good news for the up and comming male geeks as my daughter (15) believes that there are now more geeky (tech-savy) girls than non-geeky girls.

Thats a big plus for the species =)

PhilipMcD

Country
Country
Region
Region
Out of interest (and this is directed to the men in this thread) what is wrong with dating normal girls?

arnljot

Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
Variation is the spice of life, geeky girls is for me an unknown spice :-D

LOL.

Brian

AmiBayer
Country
USA
Region
Kentucky
@Philip

My wife is actually about half-geeky, half-nongeeky. We were good friends for several years before we started dating (or sneaking around behind everyone's backs as they like to put it).

I think if she weren't at least somewhat geeky, she would have either killed me or given up and walked out by now as I'm given to fits of rambling discussions having nothing to do with the actual topic at hand. I also have a habit of picking up outdated computer kit and bringing it home. Fortunately, I get rid of most of it after I come to my senses (who needs an old 4x proprietary interface CD drive anyway).

AmiNeo

CodeMonkey
Country
UK
Region
Kendal, Cumbria
...Usually people with proprietory systems missing "an old 4x proprietary interface CD drive" lol.

---------- Post added at 20:27 ---------- Previous post was at 20:26 ----------

And as for dating normal girls... theres no problem it just wouldnt be as fun or last as long lol.

Top Bottom