A new look for Amibay? Suggestions wanted.

tokyoracer

(Not actually from Tokyo).
Blogger
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Norfolk
Well since it appears I have been signed to "Graphics and Artwork" it there is some weight on my shoulders to produce something. However, I would love to hear some ideas and actually if any higher beings (Admins) could let me know the exacts resolution / pixels then I can get to work. :)

What would you like to see? You can also help out by taking pictures of pretty much anything Amiga related too (so-long as they are sharp and on a plain background.

I hope to produce more then one example and do a poll so that the users can choose which they prefer, since this is a community I think thats the least I can do for you lot. ;)

Thanks for reading and looking forward to all the ideas. (y)

P.s. Something else I need to know from the Admin's is if the background site will remain white in colour.

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
Just as an idea for starters, how about using the Font from the high End Amiga Machines?

Kin

Attachments

• Amiga.JPG
    Amiga.JPG
    1.8 KB · Views: 0

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
i seem to remember a discussion about this in the past, and that the site wanted to move away from "miggyness" to a more general "retro" feel, so the site became a retro users site rather than an amiga trading site

cheers, JuvUK

tokyoracer

(Not actually from Tokyo).
Blogger
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Norfolk
i seem to remember a discussion about this in the past, and that the site wanted to move away from "miggyness" to a more general "retro" feel, so the site became a retro users site rather than an amiga trading site

cheers, JuvUK
Well it still has Ami in the name so if the "miggyness" as you put it was taken out then the word 'Ami' would most likely have to be dropped, I would be sure that isn't an option. :LOL: Well thats my opinion, il see what I can do though without taking that action of-course. :)

Also if anyone would like to have a say on the subtitle, if you think it needs changing or to be kept the same, that's if the Admins would allow it. :whistle:

commodorejohn

Shameless recidivist
Country
United States
Region
Minnesota
Overall I would say that it's not broke, so don't fix it. A different font might be nice, but don't make it one of those Javascript-drenched graphic-soaked forums. It's nice and low-key right now.

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK

cheers, JuvUK
Well it still has Ami in the name so if the "miggyness" as you put it was taken out then the word 'Ami' would most likely have to be dropped, I would be sure that isn't an option. :LOL: Well thats my opinion, il see what I can do though without taking that action of-course. :)

Also if anyone would like to have a say on the subtitle, if you think it needs changing or to be kept the same, that's if the Admins would allow it. :whistle:

why? isn't Ami - friend?, then we would be friend bay, i'm pretty sure it's illegal to buy and sell friends? human trafficking? :D

AndyLandy

Acceleration!
Treasurer
Country
UK
Region
Southampton

cheers, JuvUK

why? isn't Ami - friend?, then we would be friend bay, i'm pretty sure it's illegal to buy and sell friends? human trafficking? :D

Ami - friend? True
Bay - Trading site? Only by implication. ;-)

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
@ Tokyo

The existing logo is 400x150 pixels or thereabouts, although the logo could possibly go wider to become a full banner across the top, which would get you into 1000x150 country.

Something that encompasses the whole retro computing scene would be good, and you have from about 1983 to today as your pallete to paint with....;)

I hope that you don't feel that you were being pressganged into this....I'll help with my box of crayons.....just don't expect the Mona Lisa!! :LOL:

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
The movie the cell is that a good source of inspiration? This time old computers getting life and taking over :D:D

I think somehow the green on black has something to do with retro, however amiga and commodore was mostly about color and proper sound, so ..

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
AmiBay using the AMIGA font would still fit into the retro theme of AmiBay. The only justification I could point out for using the AMIGA font is the simple fact, the 'biggest majority' of trade on this site is Amiga stuff & isn't that suppose to be what AmiBay is all about. :whistle:

If it changes wind, then the Logo could always be updated when required, though I doubt rkauer would ever like to see the Atari font being used. :twisted:

Kin

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
At KIN yes indeed AMIBAY should be AMIGA BAY to my feeling, amiga products first, I can however understand that it is open to other retro stuff so people who like the other stuff can reach each other to help out..

These day's people seem to have no shame at all about using some products...:help:

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
At KIN yes indeed AMIBAY should be AMIGA BAY to my feeling, amiga products first, I can however understand that it is open to other retro stuff so people who like the other stuff can reach each other to help out..

These day's people seem to have no shame at all about using some products...:help:

I know m8. Blame Bill. :twisted:

Kin

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
Nah Bill is a better account manager then me, I don't blame him, I just hate there products that's all, and for a small part the people who sponsor.... I feel the diversity is getting more and more "gone".. And that's a lot worse to my feeling.

I would say for the look of amibay, keep it nice and functional to, and not to heavy, well tested and supported on different browsers. Keep the pda version to, if it still exists..

imnogeek

Country
UK
Region
Midlands
Ami = friend, so something friendly

@kin well what can I say, fanboys :mrgreen: ;)

Gary

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
/puts flame-proof suit on and get's the fire hoses ready....:LOL:

Top Bottom