Not open for further replies.

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
I remember a multi-part story that I read in 2000AD comic way back in the 80s, that involved the Mega City 1 judges tangling and coming off worst initially to some alien 'judges' that called themselves 'The Juddah' (or something very close to that). If I recall correctly, they were cloned judges, that could beam into MC1 and they had a sort of 'trident' shaped weapon that doubled as a shield. They wore robes and clothing recognisable as a sort of uniform but it looked nothing like the street judges' uniforms.

Now, the bit I am fuzzy on is how the story ended; I remember that there was a device that a Judge could go into that looked like an oxygen tank to control and defeat the Juddah. I remember that the unit was 'user hostile' and I think it was Psi-Judge Anderson that laid down her life in order to defeat the Juddah.

Does anyone else remember this story? Who controlled The Juddah as I can't remember, and can anyone confirm how the story ended?

fatbob_gb

Still Poor
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Lancashire
Re: A question for JuvUK and other Judge Dredd /2000AD fans

The story was called OZ, the Judda were cloned Judges. There was a teleportation device in the story but I can't remember what it looked like.

A brief description can be found here "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morton_Judd" and "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oz_(Judge_Dredd_story)".

I think the story where Anderson becomes trapped in what looks like an oxygen chamber is the first "Judge Death" story where she gets herself and Death encased in "Boing" to trap him.

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
Re: A question for JuvUK and other Judge Dredd /2000AD fans

:thanks: :yourock:

Cheers; that's cleared a lot up for me! It's surprising how much of that story I actually remembered once I'd read the Wiki article.

Judge Dredd is most definately teh RoxXorz. He's a I-won't-stand-for-any-crap kind of guy, not unlike myself..... :whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom