A Sega Game Gear and Sega Master System all in one, most impressive!

Neil79

Country
UK
Region
Kent
6xw0t1.jpg

The Sega Game Gear however was released in 1991 primarily competing with Nintendo's Game Boy, the Atari and Lynx sharing much of its hardware with the Sega Master System. So what does one user by the name of Eric Bishop do? He blends them all into one mighty Sega Master System console that plays the original SMS and Sega Game Gear games!

http://www.indieretronews.com/2015/06/a-game-gear-and-master-system-all-in.html

edd_jedi

Country
United Kingdom
Region
London
Cool, but kind of pointless. I find many of the Game Gear games aren't really playable on big screens, eg in the Sonic games the screen is far more 'zoomed in' on the action to allow for the tiny screen. These days the Master System versions of most games are far better to play on either desktop or handheld computers. Example:

Game Gear
509feb68034d7.jpg

Master System
89219-Sonic_The_Hedgehog_2_(Europe)-2.jpg

sir_beaker

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
Alresford
Interesting but I think I'll be sticking with my TV out on my modded Gamegear. It uses the same TV connection as well (y)

Actually, scrap that. I just noticed the TV image is borked when an SMS cart is loaded using the GG board :LOL:

Last edited:

slk486

Asking the questions because I DON'T KNOW
VIP
Country
Denmark
Region
Sealand
Awesome, now just put all that in an easy DIY package :)

Have been looking for something like that for years, but this is definitely out of my league :D

Neil79

Country
UK
Region
Kent
Awesome, now just put all that in an easy DIY package :)

Have been looking for something like that for years, but this is definitely out of my league :D

Out of my league too, all I Can do is change something as long as it slots right in lol

slk486

Asking the questions because I DON'T KNOW
VIP
Country
Denmark
Region
Sealand
I limit myself at bee sized caps. I'll pass on anything smaller or more complex :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom