A significant PPC moment...

Slayer

Country
New Zealand
Region
Dunedin
Now I must admitt I haven't had a moment like this for quite some time...

I actually felt excitement :LOL:

It's just, upon my endevours to sort through the masses of Amiga Stuff that I own I opened one of my collected Amiga 4000Ds and noticed it had an accelerator board as you do...

Removed the CDRom drive etc to get a better look at it and what do I find? You guessed it...

ANOTHER PPC 604e

Now I know in my dormant A4000 Tower there is a 233mhz 604e 060 card fully populated with memory etc and working perfectly fine...

This card looks very clean and only has one 32 Meg simm by the looks of it...

The question is, once I calm down :blink: :LOL: :p

Is there any way I can tell what kind of PPC card it is speed wise etc without actually booting up a machine?

Thanks! and wow what an evening (y)

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
Thats it Slayer.... The Final Straw!!!!

I am moving in.... along with some other fellow AmiBayers.... better get the guest rooms ready!

Slayer

Country
New Zealand
Region
Dunedin
Yikes, I better not tell you 3 of my A3640s are (at this very moment) in transist back to me after being upgraded by Anthony Hoffman to v3.2. :whistle:

We also discovered one had been overclocked to 60Mhz and operating correctly :nod:

Amiga HW is so cool! don't you agree Zetr0 ;)

Just being cheeky :D thanks for your interest and humor!

---------- Post added at 09:44 ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 ----------

Thanks Blankstare I'll check it out now!

---------- Post added at 09:49 ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 ----------

hmmm

that's strange this number is SN DCC0235 and it definately has SCSI

Upon closer exploring of the webpage I have finally concluded that the information provided is for the Blizzard 603 only and I guess there is no easy identifying for the 604e...

The only clue that I can see on the board is 50Mhz crystal so I guess it could be certain to say it's for a 060? Then I'm thinking they probably only made 060 200Mhz or 060 233Mhz... but I really don't have any idea!

Anyway, enough before I strain myself! :huh:

Last edited:

Slayer

Country
New Zealand
Region
Dunedin
darn, I think perhaps you're right alexh, I just reread his repair pdf and it just seems he was listing it in assessories not stating it was something special...

sorry about the misinformation!

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
I was just wondering where I left my Cyberstorm PPC 604e+ 060 .....

thanks for finding it Slayer, ... here let me PM you my address so you can send it back ;) =D

to be fair though, I absolutley LOVE geeking out on amiga hardware - theres something special about it.

Slayer

Country
New Zealand
Region
Dunedin
Ain't that the gospel Zetr0!

So cool the 040 is overclocked but to 30Mhz

and hmmm... just one thing left to find out... what are DCC letters on CSPPC serial mean?

Top Bottom