A1200 Blizzard 1230 IV - what's the biggerst memory configuration it can take?

ST-Freakz

Country
UK
Region
South East
I have a Blizzard 1230 IV 30MHZ with FPU and a 16mb simm

what I'd like to know is what is the biggest memory configuration it can take?

2ezixxx.jpg

anhoc9.jpg

:)

BLTCON0

Math inside
AmiBayer
Country
Hellas (Greece)
Region
Chania, Crete
The card itself can take up to 128 MB. With the optional SCSI kit (which provides another SIMM slot) it can take up to another 128 MB, the only drawback when there's RAM in the SCSI kit being the card must be configured for 70 ns RAM access instead of 60 ns.

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
You also need a low profile single sided simm to make it fit properly. You can get some double sided simms to fit but the trapdoor cover won't fit back on.

Realistically you never need that much ram on an Amiga. 64MB is more than anyone will ever need for any OS3.x and even 32MB is more than enough for pretty much everything.

sir_beaker

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
Alresford
lol, yeah, I upgraded mine last weekend with SCSI and 2x 64MB RAM sticks I bought from a friend a while back and I have to admit in regards to the RAM, I can't see any difference in performance compared to the 32MB I had in it originally for what I use it for. Seeing All the RAM on the workbench screen does look kinda cool though :LOL: (y)

P1050703.jpg

BLTCON0

Math inside
AmiBayer
Country
Hellas (Greece)
Region
Chania, Crete
@sir_breaker
Yep, it's mostly a "because I could" think. A possibly usage - a ridiculously large RAM: disk ;)

Top Bottom