Not open for further replies.

chris.magson

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Country
Namibia
Region
Erongo
I have an EBay A1200 that I bought while on holiday in the UK. When I got home to Namibia, I was bummed to find the audio was not working- it's barely audible and distorted in both channels. The MB shows sign of attempted repair. Distraught, I put it in a box and it's been packed away for three years.

Well the AMI bug has bitten again and I've dug the old gal out. She's still working perfectly except refuses to sing pretty. I'm just at a loss as what to do - there are 'zero' parts or expertise here.

Looking for someone with 100% working A1200 motherboard for sale and willing to ship to Namibia? Maybe the one I have (it's rev 2B) is repairable and I can ship it back... but that's not important - what is important is that I hear them tunes I last heard somewhere around 1989 (on an A500).

Really hoping someone can help me out.

Thanks for reading.

PS. I should add that I have a budget limit of US$100. about €86 or £66 incl shipping.
I will return you my existing board if you can use it.

Last edited:

bebek

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
259   0   0
Country
Poole, UK
Region
Dorset
You will be better off with repairing yours. Most likely it needs new caps only and it is sorted. If you can not do it
by yourself there must be someone close to you that can.

chris.magson

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Country
Namibia
Region
Erongo
The MB has already been 'capped' (very messy, but electrically sound - excuse the pun).
With help I've gone through basic troubleshooting, and the output from the opamp is bad - low voltage and distortion. So opamp is likely gone. But signal to the opamp (from Paula) is also distorted meaning maybe Paula is faulty too.
So now it's gone from basic troubleshooting to a serious operation - more than I can do here anyway.

EBay has many offers, but I've already been burned there once. Looks very likely that's a common case. No guarantee paying a crazy price will get you anything better either!

Which is why I'm asking this forum for help, where I know peeps are in it for the enjoyment and not just for a quick buck.

Thanks for reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom