AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Country
Canada
Region
Montreal / QC
Looking for a not pricey solution to give my A1200 some fast ram in a PCMCIA friendly way. It can be also in combination with CPU eg ACA card still not pricey.

thanks

Boing-ball

AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Country
United Kingdom
Region
London
Looking for a not pricey solution to give my A1200 some fast ram in a PCMCIA friendly way. It can be also in combination with CPU eg ACA card still not pricey.

thanks
What’s your budget? Seen a few of those ACA1221 cards sell for around £120 Here in the U.K. Which probably equates to roughly 200 Canadian. Before shipping fees. So you may want to be more specific 👍🏻 I’ve got plenty of Blizzard 1230 MK IV cards with a gold top 68030 and 6882 @ 50mhz and some Simm RAM. But won’t be selling them cheap. They are a good all rounder card.

maw2k

...is there some beer left?
AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Country
Canada
Region
Montreal / QC
The thing is I don't know what I want yet for that machine. So the idea is to start with some ram to get it going and decide after what the CPU will be the final one. For an ACA1221 it should be not more than 150 CAD shipped. The icomp store shows me 84 EUR for the ACA1221 which is around 120 CAD. Sadly shipping is 33 EUR which brings it to a total of 170 CAD. Maybe I will wait just a bit longer and go with a full 68030 solution.

Boing-ball

AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Country
United Kingdom
Region
London
The thing is I don't know what I want yet for that machine. So the idea is to start with some ram to get it going and decide after what the CPU will be the final one. For an ACA1221 it should be not more than 150 CAD shipped. The icomp store shows me 84 EUR for the ACA1221 which is around 120 CAD. Sadly shipping is 33 EUR which brings it to a total of 170 CAD. Maybe I will wait just a bit longer and go with a full 68030 solution.
Fair enough. There are newer 030 alternatives like the TerribleFire and Tsunami 1230 cards. My thoughts are if it helps. Buy what’s in your budget but get something that’s got a bit of bite. If you are anything like me, I don’t like slow workbenches. Anything 68030 or higher is a best bet. Or you may regret just going for a basic RAM and possibly RAM with FPU option which only uses the 24-bit RAM options upto 8MB RAM. Which after roughly 5.5MB (or 4MB) causes the PCMCIA conflicts. Then you will then be spending more money on a better option. But it’s down to your preference and what you want out of your Amiga setup.

screemo

Rating - 100%
331   0   0
Country
Denmark
Region
South Sealand, Naestved
Depending on what you are after, you could go for a pistorm32 - it's a lot of performance for cheap. Granted its not a classic cpu, so there's some compatibility issues still, but those are being ironed out as they are found.

PCMCIA still works with the pistorm btw.

PS: they are working on amiga video passthrough to hdmi (working on ECS currently), plus you have an RTG graphics card for free with this set up as well.

Last edited:

Boing-ball

AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Country
United Kingdom
Region
London
Depending on what you are after, you could go for a pistorm32 - it's a lot of performance for cheap. Granted its not a classic cpu, so there's some compatibility issues still, but those are being ironed out as they are found.

PCMCIA still works with the pistorm btw.

PS: they are working on amiga video passthrough to hdmi (working on ECS currently), plus you have an RTG graphics card for free with this set up as well.
You might want to check out this thread on the reasons why he wants to buy a cheapo solution:

supaduper

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
398   0   0
Country
England
Region
west midlands
We are releasing the Terrible TF1232 030/50 accelerator with FPU :) imminently and this card is PCMCIA friendly, and Alenppc who is in Canada will be supplying there so perhaps wait or email him :)

Last edited:

dodogild0

AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Country
Turkey
Region
Istanbul
PM me if you're interested in Indivision ACA1221 with licensed 28MHz CPU and 33Mb Ram upgrade. Used, mint, in its original box.

Top Bottom