A1200 to sell. Advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee80

Country
Birmingham, England
Hi guys I discovered your excellent site whilst searching the net! I have an A1200 which I am getting ready to sell. I was wandering in your opinion whether to sell it as a complete bundle or as separate items - I have a Blizzard 1230 accelerator, CD drive, HD, many disks and CD's, magazines etc? I would like to sell it on here rather than ebay, etc, as I would like it to go to a good home! Any advice would be very much appreciated! Cheers. Lee.

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
Re: A1200 to sell. Advice?

Hello and welcome Lee.
TBH, it depends what you want, you'll make more by parting it out, but i always like to sell the complete system, i like to think it's gone to a good home and is ready to be used by it's new owner straight out of the box.
but at the end of the day, it's your stuff and your choice m8.

cheers, JuvUK

arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo

It's a lot more work to sell everything by it self. But as our coyote friend here points out, you'll make more.

Two things to remember, selling everything in a bundle might scare off buyers on freight cost. Selling everything by itself, item by item will give you more work and more trips to the post office and might eat up the money you make.

Things to consider :)

davideo

I look like Gizmo
Staff member
Administrator
Staff Moderator
Treasurer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Boston, Lincs

:eek:fftopic:

@JuvUk

More like a Cameleon - the amount of times you've changed your avatar recently :ROTFLOL2:

Dave G 8)

davideo

I look like Gizmo
Staff member
Administrator
Staff Moderator
Treasurer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Boston, Lincs

:eek:fftopic: Apologies to Lee80

It's a pity that the topic post doesn't keep your current avatar and signature at the time of posting - now that would be good (y)

Otherwise people are gonna think 'what crap were those two talking about?' :laugh:

Dave G 8)

playgeneration

Country
South Wales, UK

Being in a rather central location, you shouldn't have too much bother selling the whole lot to someone who will collect it. The only thing I might sell seperatly is the Blizzard as its the most single valuable part. Then again having the Blizzard 030 in the bundle will make it easier to sell the whole lot in one go as they are a desireable item, and the 1200 is far more useable with it.

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex

Splitting it all up might also run the risk of not being able to sell part of your collection. Selling it all as a bundled package guarantees you get to sell everything and also give the buyer a great ready to go system.

Lee80

Country
Birmingham, England

Thanks for the advice guys! I'm going to fire her up tonight and check shes all working ok. She was fine last time, however that was three years ago! Lol!

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex

Starting your A1200 up might convince you to instead keep it and start enjoying the great system again. (we hope). And if that happens then there are loads more things you could buy to start upgrading it further. ;)

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS

Remember to toss away the coin cell battery. After 3 entire years it will be pretty flat.

At least the Blizzard 1230 don't use those :censored: rechargeable batteries. I've lost one Apollo 1220 due those little f****ng ba*****s batteries! :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom