A1200D with some mods

Tech

Country
Norway
Region
Viken
My Amiga 1200D - D for demoscene :p I wanted my machine portable and original, so I have tried to only modify replaceable parts, like covers and doors. I thought I'd share some of my mods

RapidRoad USB ports added to CF back plate from Amikit.

CF-USB.jpg

Added Steve T's mesh 3D printed trap door. I cut away some parts to make room for some 3dfx hsf I found on ebay. They are only 1cm height, and fans run on 3-12v. The door bulges a bit over the crystals, but keeps them in place. Door stops in each corner of the machine to raise the machine and give room for the fans to breathe. I run the fans in series with a resistor on the 12v rail, as the 12v rail isn't as loaded. The machine runs pretty silent even though it has three fans total. Door stops sit with double sided tape, the hsf with 3M thermal tape. The Blizzard PPC runs 66 / 330 Mhz.

BPPC-3DFX.jpg

Next up is to try to fit a AztecMonster inside, but it is starting to get cramped.

Inside.jpg

Last edited:

CrazyC

Damn these amiga bills keep adding up
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Kent
Sweet - where do you site the port for the Indi? (Needs lots more pics! of all round)
Have been thinking about adding an Aztec monster myself, so really keen to see the results if you do.

Tech

Country
Norway
Region
Viken
The DVI is just hanging out the RF modulator openening. I had hoped to use Kipper2k's HDMI port in that slot, but he didn't have a cable for the Indi "CR" version the last time checked.

Top Bottom