A2000 to VGA monitor

runequester

Country
United States
Region
Oregon
So looking at various adapters and gadgets. The end goal is to use a modern monitor with my amiga 2000

Currently I have an old 1084 but its likely to give up the ghost soon, so I want a modern solution.

Someone recommended this device
http://www.ambery.com/rgbcgatovgac.html
but will I need any other cables or adapters to make the most of it, or are there other solutions I should look at instead, other than the indivision ?

I also saw this
http://www.vesalia.de/?V02b0f135556...4d4e4147196544452c6c56045c126911765e46147d3b6
which seems to fit the monitor port on the back of my 2000.
Between the two of them, would I be good to go?

Suggestions ?
Help!?

AndyLandy

Acceleration!
Treasurer
Country
UK
Region
Southampton
The Vesalia adapter is just that, an adapter. Your VGA monitor will need to support 15Hz modes for it to work.

The box on ambery.com has been discussed on here a few times, I believe it'll work.

Otherwise you'll need an internal scandoubler. The Indivision ECS is one possibility, or you could try and track down an A2320, which is the original C= scandoubler for the A2000

Finally, you might want to track down an RTG card and go down that route.

runequester

Country
United States
Region
Oregon
The Vesalia adapter is just that, an adapter. Your VGA monitor will need to support 15Hz modes for it to work.

The box on ambery.com has been discussed on here a few times, I believe it'll work.

Otherwise you'll need an internal scandoubler. The Indivision ECS is one possibility, or you could try and track down an A2320, which is the original C= scandoubler for the A2000

Finally, you might want to track down an RTG card and go down that route.

Thank you for helping.

My biggest question is how would I connect the ambery device to my amiga?

The only places I see on the back of the box is the flat video port and the mono video, which I presume won't give colour output or?

Hence the question about the vesalia adapter

Another question. The 2320 will put out at 31.25. As far as I can tell, my monitor (Acer X203H) can sync from 30 to 80 horizontal, so I'd be fine with that, right?

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
@Runequester

1) Like Andy said the Vesalia adapter will only serve for certain video modes, I would not use it for a flatpanel. (even if you have a very good pc type old style monitor, it will not display everything, and will require installing some software)

2) The composyte (stero type fiche) is monochrome, on A500/A2000. (sadly I found out recently) To solve this you can buy RGB-COMPOSYTE or RGB to SVIDEO sold by Amigamaniac. www.amigamaniac.com

3) There is RGB to SCART if you have a flat panel tv.

I only like the INDIVISION solution to be honest..

dougal

AmiBayer
Country
Malta
RTG is by far the best option.

Yes it is expensive, but if you get a very good RTG with a scandoubler/flickerfixer then not only will you be able to display on modern monitors, but workbench will work faster and support more colors and better resolutions.

Although unless you have a decent spec like at least an 030 and at least 16mb ram, an RTG may be wasted.

I use a Picasso IV in my A4000T, but i believe that they also work in A2000's too. Brilliant card but quite expensive.

AndyLandy

Acceleration!
Treasurer
Country
UK
Region
Southampton
Thank you for helping.

My biggest question is how would I connect the ambery device to my amiga?

The only places I see on the back of the box is the flat video port and the mono video, which I presume won't give colour output or?

Hence the question about the vesalia adapter

Yes, I see what you're getting at. You'll probably need the Vesalia adapter to adapt the RGB to feed it into the ambery device, then feed the output of that into your monitor.

Another question. The 2320 will put out at 31.25. As far as I can tell, my monitor (Acer X203H) can sync from 30 to 80 horizontal, so I'd be fine with that, right?

Should be. The A2320 was designed to use the A2000 with standard PC monitors. If it works from a PC VGA output, it'll probably work with the A2320 (Or, indeed, the Indivision ECS)

runequester

Country
United States
Region
Oregon
so far I only got a 68000 so not sure about RTG yet :)

As far as scart, no dice, Im in the US where its not used.

THanks for the help guys!

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
RTG systems can only be used with higher grades of Amiga CPU: 030 upwards (but HiGFX with Indivision and the Graffiti - does anyone ever bought one of those?).

Top Bottom